Frontier Airlines and Trans State Airlines New Pilot Flow Program

Not my words:

Trans States Airlines pilots now have a direct pathway to the Frontier Airlines flight deck. An agreement linked by the two airlines guarantees participating Trans States pilots a First Officer position with the Denver-based Airbus operator after as little as two years of service with Trans States.
The agreement comes on the heels of a major order announcement by Frontier in November of 2017, in which it announced its intent to triple the airline’s fleet size over the next 10 years growing the airline’s order book to nearly 200 aircraft.

My Words:

I just discovered this article by TranState while I was browsing Frontier Airlines news. This really has me intruiged. If I’m understanding correctly, because AAL is refusing to continue their contract with TransState and because Frontier is in need of many more pilots due to fleet expansion, TransState and Frontier have agreed to let TranState pilots go from the regional jet to the Airbus in Frontier as a FO in an expedited manner?
What are your thoughts on this and how do you think this will affect the regional market and TranState and Frontier in general.

Trans State Airlines Website with Direct Link to Public Release

2 Likes

Trans State Airlines definitely fits F9 better than AA. Their time with AA was an unpleasant one in my opinion.

1 Like

I’m really excited that they are working together. Who knows what this might bring for the future ;)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.