Front Gear “collapse”

A second ago, I was taxiing at KSFO to runway 28L when I slowed down for an aircraft in front of me so I touched the brake. Right as I did this, the gear collapsed. Has this happened to anyone and how did this happen? Also, I did clear cache.

1 Like

Did the front gear actually collapse, or did you just fall forward as if your gear collapsed, but the gear itself stayed, because i don’t believe that gear in IF can collapse like that.

1 Like

The front gear went through the ground. Just a way to express it.

1 Like

This can happen from time to time. It is due to corrupt terrain files.

Go to settings and scroll to the bottom and select Clear Scenery Cache. That should do the trick.

You may need to restart the app.

2 Likes

Maybe try reinstalling the app or restarting your device, what device do you use?

1 Like

Hi! I did clear cache but I will the app and see tomorrow. I was planning on starting the flight, then eating so I don’t have time to test it, thanks though.

1 Like

IPhone SE but I haven’t had this issue so I don’t believe it is my phone.

1 Like

Also, if the plane infront of me didn’t have this happen, is that because it is corrupt files on my phone only?

Yes, this will typically only happen to you, and to others, it may appear as the text above your aircraft will glow orange and say, “Network Issue” and to others, your plane will start doing some crazy things before disappearing.

Yes it only impacts your device.

1 Like

Did you set the maximum landing wright correctly? In older versions if you did overcome that, it could happen in landing.

It didn’t happen during landing. The problem is fixed now so Thanks everyone!

1 Like