From the Shores of Lake Michigan to a Sunset in Mexico’s California

A few days ago I flew Chicago to Los Cabos, Mexico. It was a featured route for @AmericanVirtual because of Los Cabos being a featured airport. Obviously, like always, it seemed to be the one featured airport without ATC, but because I left Chicago at 2:30 local time, I got to Los Cabos at Sunset which was awesome like every West Coast sunset is. We flew south out of Chicago, over Texas, and Northern Mexico before turning west toward the Baja Peninsula. My flight time was 4 hours and 6 minutes.

And @JulianB sorry for the Boeing post, Airbus tomorrow 😂

Route Details

KORD-MMSD
Chicago O’Hare yo Los Cabos
American 643
Boeing 737-800
4:06

Lifting off out of O’Hare as a United 737 sits at the gate
Getting battered by crosswinds as we put the gear up in the Windy City Flying southwest away from the blue waters of Lake Michigan Flying over the square plains of the sin named Braceville, Illinois. You never want to hear that on a plane The browned-out flat lands of Southern Texas The amazing mountains of Urique, Mexico Imagine looking out the window and seeing that… amazing Flying over La Paz (Mexico La Paz, not Bolivia La Paz) as the sun sets behind the beautiful mountains of the Baja California Península On final approach with the landing light shining through the late afternoon Mexico sky On the ground in Los Cabos, Mexico!

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

29 Likes

They are all great but I really love the last photo. You have improved so much at your screenshotting and editing!

1 Like

That really means a lot! I’m happy that it looks like I’ve been getting better :)

1 Like

Yo, What’s up Los Cabos! Lol

Great pics! Love to see other AAVA pilots posting pics :)

wow I really like this so much it’s so real!

1 Like

Really beautiful pictures!

1 Like

That 7th Photo Though 😍

1 Like

No worries, post looks good anyways! 😉

Also this looks really amazingly realistic!

Thanks for sharing and also thank you for tagging me (can we make that a deal so I don’t miss your posts?)!

1 Like

These picture are 😍

1 Like

I love the last photo the most.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! If they look real, it’s a win for me 🙂

Thank you!

Aren’t those mountains amazing

1 Like

Sure, I’ll keep tagging you! And that photo is easily my favorite too, the view is amazing.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @anon55618039 and @Chris_Wing!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

How did you get the wing view for the seventh picture?

1 Like

I’m willing to bet money on Freecam.

1 Like

I think that it is Freecam, but how do you zoom in that much to get the wing view?

1 Like

simply magnificent beautiful images, I liked the 6 image.
Congratulations

Sem-Título-1

1 Like