From the Sands of the Sonoran to the Beaches of The Big Island

I have another Hawaii post! And guess what airport, Kona, like always. So on Thursday I flew a route I’ve wanted to for a while now. Phoenix to Kona, American flies this route daily with their A321NEO’s and it takes 5 and a half to 6 hours. I left around noon in Phoenix, and flew over LA on my way halfway across the Pacific. The approach into Kona was amazing as always and my final flight time was 5 hours 44 minutes

Flight Details

KPHX-PHKO • PHX-KOA
Phoenix to Kona
American 643
Airbus A321
5 Hours 44 Minutes

Putting the gear up on our way out of Phoenix
Flying over the deserts of Indio, just west of the Arizona - California border Crossing the coast with Los Angeles International Airport 30,000 feet below us Trusting that our dual engines don’t fail in the 5 hours over the most undiscovered place on Earth, the Pacific Ocean The summit of the tallest mountain in the world, Mauna Kea, and the tip of the biggest volcano in the world, Mauna Loa come into view Descending into Kona past the Waipi’o Valley, or The Valley of the Kings Gear down with the always Blue Hawaiian Sky On Short Final on the ILS into Runway 17 Butter on The Big Island!

Please leave comments and let me know your favorite photo!

19 Likes

These are some really nice pics! My fav would be the second pic and the last one! It looks like that was a beautiful approach into Kona, nicely done :)

1 Like

Thanks! I always love the approach into Kona, it never gets old

1 Like

Great photos, really like them.

1 Like

Lol, was that intentional? 😂

Awesome pictures though!

1 Like

That looks fantastic! Phoenix and the A321 are really looking great and Hawaii isn’t bad either!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Trust me, look it up 😉

1 Like

It’s impossible to complain about the scenery of Hawaii!

2 Likes

Uhhh…tallest mountain?
Other than that, nice photos!

1 Like

Really love the 1st picture. Great work keep it up!

1 Like

True facts. Everest is taller if you’re measuring it from sea level, but from base to peak, Mauna Kea is taller.

1 Like

@Thunderbolt just like what @TaipeiGuru said! I always love confusing people when I say Mauna Kea is the tallest mountain in the world 😂

Thanks! I will

Thats true!

1 Like