From the Pacific Northwest to Shanghai Pudong

Hello, and welcome back to another one of my screenshot posts! Using the long haul crash workaround, I have been able to complete some bucket list long hauls using the A350. Here’s my most recent one!

My journey began at gate 70 at Vancouver International, where I made a straight out departure to the west. My route took me over western Canada and Alaska, across the Bering Strait, southwest through Russia and China, heading back out over the Yellow Sea and East China Sea, and finally making a westerly inbound for Shanghai.

Server: Expert

Aircraft: China Eastern A350-900

Flight Time: 10:41

Route

CYVR YVR 4945N/12457W 5003N/12542W YZT YZP FRIED EEDEN SNOUT MDO NOWEL TED FFITZ WINOR MCG SLEDD ICEEE VALDA ABINA 6423N/17315W GIRLO BUMUL GETKA LUNAD LAMKU USAMA BETAM ARNAP ASBAT MONOG DERUD GOPNA RUKAR BISMA BANOT RELDI DIREB SOPIN NILOT GITAK GIRUD LUSAK KUNON LUPAT OBUTA IBOLI OLGIR SUKOP LAPNI BESPA OGNIT PENOK ODEKA MAGIT JMU IGADO HRB PABKI ISBOP LJB LEMOT NUBKI BIDIB ISKEM TOSID NODAL CHI SANKO OBDIS DONVO MUDAL DOPNO IVPIP IKADI 3209N/12329E SURAK AKARA DUMET IPRAG PUD 3059N/12153E ZSPD

Now to the photos!

Beginning the pre-flight with the North Shore mountains in the distance.

Climbing out parallel to an Air Canada 787-9 headed east to Toronto.

Reaching our initial cruise altitude of FL340 over Vancouver Island.

Fast forward a few hours, and we are entering Russian airspace.

Banking left over Harbin, China at FL361.

After a few more hours in the air, we are turning downwind for runway 17R at Pudong.

Dropping the gear over the Nangang Waterway, one of the outlets of the Yangtze River.

Laying down an absolute greaser on 17R after almost eleven hours in the air.

Vacating left on P2 towards the end of the 11,000ft 17R.

Finally offloading our precious cargo as the Trent XWBs spool down.

As always thanks for looking! Which photo was your favorite?

0 voters

21 Likes

Nice thread. Very informative and organized!

1 Like

Thank you!

Very nice! I love the behind the right wing shot!

Thanks, that was my favorite one as well

1 Like

Look’s like a great landing! Also I love the camera angles. Lovely pictures :)

1 Like

Thanks man

1 Like

Very nice shots!

1 Like

Appreciate it!

Really nice shots mate, I really liked the second shot!

Nice pictures! Great to see people using the china eastern livery, we definitely need more of those! Love the second pic.

@Mr-plane-guy1 @Qantas094 thank you guys!

1 Like

Now those are some great photos, and the wing view looks so real for a second! And it seems like an interesting flight too, across Canada, Alaska, and Russia, super scenic!

Thanks, yeah the scenery was great throughout the flight

1 Like

Oh hey there you flew over my hometown (Harbin) :)

1 Like

How do you make that drop down thing for the route?

When you go to create a reply, hit the little gear icon on the right, and then select “hide details”

1 Like