From the Mountains of Greece to a Busy Day in the Belgian Capital

Athens to Brussels

A while back, either in early April or late March, I forget. Europe had some good featured airports on the IFATC schedule so blah blah blah I don’t know what to say because there really isn’t anything interesting to explain. Basically I’ve wanted to fly Aegean routes because I love their livery, Brussels and Athens were featured airports, and Aegean flies that route so I did too using their A320. Flight time was 3 hours and 15 minutes.

Flight Details

LGAV-EBBR • ATH-BRU
Athens to Brussels
Aegean 643
Airbus A320
3:15
@Philippe_Gilbert @JulianB

🇬🇷 • 🇧🇪

At the gate as a company A320 taxies out for Zürich
Rotating into the early afternoon sky of Athens Climbing as we fly North toward Belgium Some cool views over Croatia from 35,000 feet Over the Alps of Northern Italy My favorite part about flying over Europe is the Alps, and we had great views for almost half an hour Cleared to land in a busy Brussels On final as an MD-11 and A350 wait to begin their ventures to Memphis and Detroit Touching down in the land of Belgium Waffles!

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

I’m not home right now so I couldn’t get a trivia question but I’ll probably be back with another 757 post on Friday! I have no clue what it will be yet, but probably Minneapolis to Anchorage

34 Likes

The land of waffles 😂 great pics as normal!

3 Likes

eh could’vs also said Brussels Sprouts aswell (oh well nice shots though)

3 Likes

ahh Soon that 20.1 update will be even better.
Love it.

3 Likes

Great post, and some well recognisable sights from my home Regio n Europe. Athens is always stunning, and the flight across the Balkans and the Alps basically guarantees great views. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

@Sashaz55 yep… running out of title ideas 😂

@GameBoy_KIRB why would I make the title negative, at least waffles taste good

@Zach_inkling I can’t wait for it!

@JulianB it had better scenery than I expected! Greece is awesome and the Alps never disappoint

4 Likes

It’s actually really lovely. I fly quite a few of my flights from my IF base Zurich to Greek islands or Athens hence this route isn’t too unknown for me. Some cool scenery in there, and it’s one of the most unknown as well with places like Ohrid having cool approaches while not being really known.

3 Likes

I personally like waffles aswell (i dont why I rarely eat those for breakfast) i dont know if brussel sprouts are good or not (maybe not)

3 Likes

Awesome pictures! I am Belgian so you are definitely right about the waffles (especially the ones in the train stations

3 Likes

Maybe I should try Ohrid sometime! And I should also fly more around Europe to get your little “tidbits” of information 😂

3 Likes

You’re lucky that you always get good waffles 😂 and Weird that train stations have good ones lol

3 Likes

That scenery is beautiful!!! I must try this route :)

3 Likes

Wow! I love all those angles. And those mountain are amazing…

Great shots once again!

2 Likes

DMs are always open if you need more information, but you definitely should fly more around Europe!👍

2 Likes

Nice shots and scenery!

2 Likes

I was planning on doing a 3 hour flight today, and I was going to do Frankfurt to Lisbon, but you’d just blown my mind. I’m totally doing this. Would you mind giving my your flight plan? Thanks and great pictures.

2 Likes

@Luke_King-kong you should it’s awesome!

@Rian16 Thanks Rian! the mountains are cool
Edit: idk why the big text didn’t work but I don’t feel like trying to figure it out

@Murphy thanks :)

@KindaTartySliceOfPie I don’t have the flight plan since I flew it in March :( I just know I used FPLTOIF.com

5 Likes

Thanks Noah! Put a space between the # and my name, that should do the trick;)

2 Likes

I tried to

Oh there it is 😂

2 Likes

Edit the original post tho it looks rly cringey otherwise😂😂😂

2 Likes