From the edge of the world to the other

Heyyyy everyone!

Back with it again with the third flight of the World Tour Series! Todayโ€™s flight will be from Melbourne, Australia ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ to Santiago, Chile ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ

World Tour Plan (added some more flights)
    1. NRT ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต - BKK ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
    1. BKK ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ - MEL ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
    1. MEL ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ - SCL ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ
    1. SCL ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ - BOG ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด
    1. BOG๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด - JFK ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
    1. JFK ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ - YVR ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
    1. YVR ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ - LAX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
    1. LAX ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ - CPH ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ
    1. CPH ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ - FCO ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
    1. FCO ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น - LHR ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    1. LHR ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง - CPT ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
    1. CPT ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ - JNB ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ
    1. JNB ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ - DXB ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช
    1. DXB ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช - MNL ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ
    1. MNL ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ - ICN ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท
    1. ICN ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท - NRT ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต

This is a flight report from the moonshot post I made yesterday. You can see it here.

It was another immaculate flight.
Trans-pacific flights are often quite boring because itโ€™s just the sea for 12 hours straight, but in this flight, the scenery of Australia and Chile made up for it! Plus, the beautiful sunset/sunrise and the bright moon played a superb role in keeping me entertained for the whole flight!

Perfect Aussie beef steak recipe
  • Server: Expert
  • Route: MEL ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ - SCL ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ
  • Aircraft: B787-9 LATAM
  • Flight time: 12 hours 15 minutes
  • Callsign: Lan Chile 804 Heavy
  • Flown on march 15

Enjoy!

Melbourne

Parked in the international gates. We are just about to board the plane, which is perfectly on time ๐Ÿ˜Ž. Itโ€™s 5:45pm local, and the gate just opened!
Jumped out of the gate bridge to take this photo. Definitely worth it! The tarmac walk-around hits different from a boring plain pic from the bridge.

Fuel, passenger and cargo loaded in! Today, we are quite heavy with 91% of load. We roll our engine and slowly take the mammoth machine out to the runway! I saw this China Southern A380 which just arrived from ZGGG, so I included him in the pic :)

Alright, lined up with runway 16, thrust set, take off! A rather smooth take-off, considering all the weight the plane was loaded with! Very satisfied with this.

As we depart and head to the Southern Pacific, we fly over the beautiful beaches of Melbourne. Iโ€™m sure I would be spamming photos if I was a passenger! Luckily, itโ€™s a simulation, so I can just jump out and take a pic anytime I want. :)

Cruise

Over the pacific, in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Far far away from land, and we go dark as the sun sets in the distance.

There were absolutely no any lighting from below, as it was just the ocean alllllll the way. But as the moon rose to the sky, it casted a faint glow among the dark midnight sea.

After a few hours and a comfortable nap, we wake up to the sun appearing just above the distant horizon. Whoops, I donโ€™t think I was supposed to be sleeping, I am the pilot right? ๐Ÿ˜…

Land! After about 11 hours, we see land again. This time, itโ€™s land from the opposite side of the world. Unlike the flat Australian flat landscape, Chile has some rough terrain. I think itโ€™s because of the plate boundaries that is present around the shore.

Santiago

We descend towards Santiago. Took this cool shot as we bank into the ILS glide slope of runway 17L. It was really cool to see such a big city with a large population fitting into a tight flat area that narrowly exists between the mountains and the sea.

Touchdown! Iโ€™m sure the passengers was happy with the smooth landing. Since Santiago is a city located on a pretty elevated surface, the air pressure was lower compared to sea level. So, I needed to go faster than usual for my landing to keep the aircraft airborn. This proved to be a difficult task. I managed to land fairly smoothly though!

That is the end of this flight report! I hoped you enjoyed the pictures, as well as the little captions for each photo. It was another successful and enjoyable flight in the World Tour Series, and Iโ€™d love to share my experience on upcoming flights!

Which photo was the best?
  • 1st (Parked at gate)
  • 2nd (Taxi)
  • 3rd (take-off)
  • 4th (Melbourne beaches)
  • 5th (Sunset)
  • 6th (Moonshot)
  • 7th (Sunrise)
  • 8th (approaching Chile)
  • 9th (Banking into runway 17L)
  • 10th (landing)
0 voters

The next flight will be from Santiago, Chile ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฑ to Bogota, Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด with the Avianca 787. Coming soon!

As always, I would love any feedbacks or comments!

Cheers! Thanks for reading. Have a perfect Aussie beef steak if you read it this far: ๐Ÿฅฉ

17 Likes

Thank you for the steak ๐Ÿฅฉ

2 Likes

Always welcome ๐Ÿฅฉ

1 Like

Beautiful pics and the report

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks by the beef ๐Ÿฅฉ

2 Likes

Have one more ๐Ÿฅฉ๐Ÿฅฉ

2 Likes

Yummy steak!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฅฉ

1 Like

steak-tacular ! ๐Ÿฅฉ

2 Likes

Love to hear it ๐Ÿ˜‹

2 Likes

Very creative!

Ps. This post has become a steak party, and I have no idea how we got here

2 Likes

Nice pics, I hope to see more great photos on your next flight!

1 Like

Thank you!