From LAX To SFO and Back Again - My Final FNF

As all of you may have heard by now, unless you’ve been living under a rock, the long run Friday Night Flight is ending today (or maybe yesterday, depending on where you are). So I decided to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco and then right back down to Los Angeles.

Flight Details / Mini-Mod Repellent

Flight Time: combined total of just under 1 hour 50 minutes.
Route: KLAX-KSFO-KLAX
Aircraft: Alaska Air B737-900
Cruising Altitude: 34,000 both ways

Do let me know if something is formatted wrong, I don’t remember when I last made a topic.

1. Waiting for push back clearance, as a the More to Love 737 gets on their way to SFO

2. Launching out of LAX, with only a few of the dozens of aircraft in the background being visible. Can’t get over how good LAX looks with all of the 3D buildings, as well as the custom ones too.

3. On final, with a near perfect parallel landing with a More to Love 737 (the same one as the first picture)

4. At the gate at SFO, with another Alaska 737 that landed arrived not long after me. Due to time limits I had at the time, I wasn’t going to be staying at SFO long.

5. Now one of my favorite shots of the day. Holding short runway 28L, while I wait for a Philippines 777 to land.

6. Lifting off out of SFO

7. Approaching runway 24R, about 15-20nm out from LAX. The A350 in the background is headed for 25L.

8. Moments from touchdown on 24R. This side of the airport is largely empty.

9. Heading over to the more populated portion of LAX. Almost had to play a game of chicken with this Southwest 737. Thankfully I could just pull onto the taxiway on the right.

10. Engines off and passengers disembarking. For whatever reason it may be, the replays don’t show whether the jet bridge is actually attached or not.

Which photo(s) were your favorites?

• Number 1
  • Number 2
  • Number 3
  • Number 4
  • Number 5
  • Number 6
  • Number 7
  • Number 8
  • Number 9
  • Number 10

0 voters

11 Likes

Sad to see the FNF to go, but I’m hopeful for the future. Great photos :).

1 Like