From KLM’s hub to the Heart of the alps in the TBM 930

Hey!

This is some photos from my flight today from EHAM (Amsterdam) to LOWI (Innsbruck)
It was an amazing flight with great scenery over the alps! Thanks for lovely ATC by @United2, @SamC and @Drummer (although he was appr and I wasn’t on his frequency)

Flight details

Flight time: 1 hour and 42 min
Aircraft: TBM 930
Server: expert
Route: EHAM - LOWI

About Amsterdam Airport

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (IATA: AMS , ICAO: EHAM ), known informally as Schiphol Airport (Dutch: Luchthaven Schiphol , pronounced [ˌlʏxtɦaːvə(n) ˈsxɪp(ɦ)ɔl])[a], is the main international airport of the Netherlands. It is located 9 kilometres (5.6 miles)[4] southwest of Amsterdam, in the municipality of Haarlemmermeer in the province of North Holland. With almost 72 million passengers in 2019, it is the third-busiest airport in Europe in terms of passenger volume and the busiest in Europe in terms of aircraft movements. With an annual cargo tonnage of 1.74 million, it is the 4th busiest in Europe. The airport is built as a single-terminal concept: one large terminal split into three large departure halls.

Schiphol is the hub for KLM and its regional affiliate KLM Cityhopper as well as for Corendon Dutch Airlines, Martinair, Transavia and TUI fly Netherlands. The airport also serves as a base for EasyJet.

Schiphol opened on 16 September 1916 as a military airbase. The end of the First World War also saw the beginning of civilian use of Schiphol Airport and the airport eventually lost its military role completely. By 1940, Schiphol had four asphalt runways at 45-degree angles. The airport was captured by the German military that same year and renamed Fliegerhorst Schiphol . The airport was destroyed through bombing but at the end of the war, the airfield was soon rebuilt. In 1949, it was decided that Schiphol was to become the primary airport of the Netherlands. Schiphol Airport was voted the Best Airport in Western Europe in 2020.[6]

About Innsbruck Airport

Innsbruck Airport (IATA: INN , ICAO: LOWI ), also known locally as Kranebitten Airport , is the largest international airport in Tyrol in western Austria. It is located approximately 4 kilometres (2 1⁄2 mi) from the centre of Innsbruck. The airport, which was opened in 1925,[1] handles regional flights around the Alps, as well as seasonal international traffic to further European destinations. During the winter, activity increases significantly, due to the high number of skiers travelling to the region.

At the gate loading up @ILOVE7879-2.0’s rise nudels, @Ethan_Lee1’s model planes, @Alec’s ham back from vacation he was very quiet as I did bring bananas And @Tsumia’s CC code

Turning left as we approach the lovely Swiss alps

Beginning decent into Innsbruck

On short final while @NJ24 and @Jakub_Astary fly right over me

At the gate while @Pilot_Felix is landing

Thanks for viewing my post! I hope you guys liked the pictures!
What was your favorite picture?

0 voters

If you want to use the photos credit me and pm me for a higher resolution photo, some of these are compressed at the flight was 30+ mb

23 Likes

Amazing photos! 4 was for sure my favorite.

1 Like

Thank you mate! Personally I like the 2nd

1 Like

Thanks for bringing Ham closer to home!

Also, great shots.

1 Like

Thanks! No problem 😂

1 Like

Oh hello there, thanks for featuring me! That is a great picture!

Hahaha no problem

Awesome picks! I love the last one.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Amazing photos!

Thank you!

1 Like