From India to my doorstep

BEFORE READING: IMO, THIS IS NOT OFF TOPIC. IF YOU READ THE WHOLE THING, YOU WILL SEE THAT IT IS ABOUT AVIATION. I WANTED TO SHARE HOW CARGO GETS TO YOUR HOMES VIA AIR TRAVEL
Enjoy! πŸ˜‚

Howdy! A few days ago, my mom received a package from Ahmedabad, India. Me and my dad saw it and instantly wondered what routes it took. We went on the DHL website, and we found a tracking number thing you could put in, so we did, and I was amazed!! The package in front of me drove to Delhi, then flew to Leipzig, Germany, then flew to Cincinnati, then Tulsa, then Austin, and then drove to my house! In the tracking thingie, we could see what times the flights left and whatnot, and we figured out it went on a Kalitta Air 747 (DHL has some kind of share with them so they operated this flight) from Delhi to Leipzig and then the same one to Cincinnati. Then, it went from Cincinnati to Tulsa on a DHL 757, and then that same plane continued on to Austin. It was cool to see the layovers it took- some were like 20 minutes lol. In Leipzig, it was basically just a gas’n’go, as they spent less than 20 minutes on the ground before departure to CVG. It was also cool to see the timings of the flight, which of course, were at like 3am. I thought it was really cool tracking back and how that one little box in front of me came all the way from India! Cargo is amazing! sorry FedEx, I would never be a pilot for you or any other cargo airline. Those hours ;( I’m not nocturnal lol Have you guys ever received packages from far away and tracked them or had any other cool experiences with cargo? Please tell me what you think about this and share stories!

12 Likes

Ok I fixed the title

Normal, boring people take the transport part of their items for granted, but in fact it can be very interesting, as shown here! Very cool!

4 Likes

I agree 100% and thanks!😁

2 Likes

Cool! It’s amazing to see how the package got from India to your doorstep.

1 Like

Yup I think so too;)

Used it as the title @Kacey 😜

1 Like

Wooow!! Amazinngg πŸ˜‚

2 Likes

I think it’s cool how aviation connects to almost everything in our daily lives from going on a trip to saving lives to flying packages around the world

2 Likes

Interesting. How long did it took by the way, in total?

1 Like

First flight was 7 hours, second one was 8.5, 3rd one was 1.5, and the last one was 1 hour. However there was driving involved and stuff. In total, it took around 2 days.

2 Likes

Yep! It’s truly wonderful how these packages travel all day around the world.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.