From China’s Capital to a Sunrise on the Plains of Texas

BEIJING to DALLAS

First of all, yes I know that this route is suspended for now because of the Coronavirus, but I actually flew this route almost a month ago when the flights were happening daily. I just didn’t have the chance to get the screenshots for the 12 hour flight until last night. Back to the flight- I actually don’t have any reason why I really wanted to fly the route, except for the fact that I wanted a long Trans-Pacific flight. I took off from Beijing a little after 9 AM (8 PM for me). I flew north out of Beijing, over Russia, Northern Alaska, Calgary and down into Texas where I arrived just after 7 AM local time in Dallas (8 AM for me). I used the American 787-9 (-8 is used in real life) and my flight time was 12 hours 4 minutes.

Flight Details

ZBAA-KDFW / PEK-DFW
Beijing to Dallas - Fort Worth
American 262 Heavy
12:04
@JulianB

Rotating out of Beijing with our next stop being Dallas, Texas Putting the gear up in the blue sky on a cold morning in Beijing Slowly Climbing out over Downtown Beijing Flying over the Yanshan Mountain Range just North of Beijing The mountains of the Inner Mongolia region of China The sun quickly sets flying North over Eastern Russia toward the Arctic Circle
Nothing but Darkness and the light of the moon between Alaska, Northern Canada and the Central United States After hours of darkness we descend toward the Dallas area as the sun rises Putting the gear down in the Orange light of the sun Touching down in Dallas after more than 12 hours in the air!

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

35 Likes

Nice photos

1 Like

Beautiful pics!!

1 Like

Aha! Yes, the best IF photographer in the community. Great job!!

1 Like

These make me happy. Did you do something to the landing gear?

1 Like

Nice as always! Love the last 4 with the sun reflecting off the fuselage

1 Like

Awesome job once again, @NoahM!

1 Like

Fantastic pictures as always! Very well done. Hard choice with the fantastic moonshot and the sleek B787 pictures, but I am going for this one as my favourite picture of the post:

The best exterior shot in my opinion is this one (can’t limit myself to one favourite…)

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks @SimCaptain and @MJP_27!

1 Like

That really means a lot, thanks! :)

1 Like

When you put them down, before they are totally set, they look tilted if that’s what you mean

1 Like

Thanks! Like I always say, sunrise are always fun

1 Like

Thanks @Butter_Boi!

1 Like

Thanks! It was fun leaving Beijing because it was a very undiscovered area for me as I rarely fly around those areas!

1 Like

Never been there either. Looks great though!

1 Like

Amazing Picts :DDD

1 Like

Oh great photos,I can’t believe that!🤣👍

1 Like

Really nice photos. But I want to say, the third picture showed the downtown of Huairou district, not the downtown Beijing. The big lake is Huairou reservoir.
Hope you enjoyed the beautiful views in China!😃

1 Like

I actually never knew there were mountains near Beijing until then!

1 Like

Thank you :D !

1 Like