From a Snowy Departure to a Beautiful Day in Paradise

Anchorage To Honolulu in an Alaska 737-900, flight time was 5 hours 42 minutes. The scenery was absolutely beautiful as we took from PANC around 5:15 AM local time, we landed just after 9 AM in Honolulu or 3 PM for me in Pennsylvania. For the first 3 hours of the flight we were limited to Flight level 300 due to a 150 knot crosswind, it was not comfortable at all

Rotation out of a very snowy Anchorage
Snowy mountaintops as we fly south toward the Bearing Sea The sunrises as we fly over the vast North Pacific Ocean The shadow of the 737 in the yellow sunrise light After about 5 hours, the foggy volcanoes of Kauai come into view
The moon looms behind as we prepare to descend into PHNL Flying through 15,000 feet Flying into Oahu and Honolulu at 4,000 feet Touchdown in the reef runway 8R (It’s beautiful, but be prepared for a long taxi) Let me know what you think and your favorite photo!

18 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Nice pictures @Noah! like a rainbow to one’s eyes. First one reminds me of fairy dust 😂

1 Like

Little confused. How did you get precipitation?

2 Likes

Really fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Great photos @NoahM. The snow edit was really good. I wish it snowed in Anchorage IRL, it’s just cloudy outside though.

1 Like

He edited his picture

1 Like

Magic Fairy Dust to be exact

Thank You :)

1 Like

I didn’t think it snowed yet but I wanted to try it, I knew I would be corrected by someone from Alaska 😂

1 Like

Very nice!! Wow

1 Like