Friends Spotting Friends

Hello IFC, This afternoon I flew into KCVG with a Co-worker for yet another work trip on a TDY assignment but this time only for a few weeks. I told a friend of mine that lives there that I was coming and he came down and took some pictures of my airplane landing. All pictures are credited to Donald Moore.
PS: who can spot what’s wrong with this airplane?

Airline: American Airlines
Aircraft:Boeing 737-800

26 Likes

Can’t spot anything… just another beautiful 737 to me

1 Like

Haha I promise there is something here that’s different

1 Like

Can you give us a hint?

1 Like

Yeah, a hint would definitely help.

1 Like

Red-tipped winglets? But that isn’t wrong I guess…

3 Likes

Stole it from me.

1 Like

Correct the red tipped wingtips

2 Likes

Nice pics! Speaking of friends spotting friends, I think I unintentionally spotted my pastor today taking off at PANC.

This is probably him.

8 Likes

I mean… that really isn’t wrong. The red tips are there so ground crew can see where the winglets are because without them the winglets camouflage with the aircraft.

Though, not every American 737 has them.

1 Like

As a Ramper Yes I know that… it’s something you don’t see everyday… it’s unique hence why I wanted others to spot it. To see others attention to detail

1 Like

Yea… it’s unique, not wrong. I thought something was broken or damaged on it at first.

2 Likes

@BigBert10 cough cough

1 Like

Beautiful! How was the landing?

I know I didn’t see you but did you see me when I stopped by your gate

1 Like

Love that 727 in the background of the second pick. Lucky people who get to fly those.

1 Like

It’s a cargo plane

2 Likes

It wasn’t too bad.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m talking about the pilots

Now those are some cool photos, it’s fun to spot a friend now and then. But he way I’ve never seen those red-tipped winglets, they’re cool!

@Alaska096, those are some great photos as well. And for both of y’all’s photos, I’ll PM you if I use them in any way.

1 Like