Friday Night Surprise Picture Page

Would you guys enjoy it if every Friday for the next three months I post a picture of an aircraft and you have to guess what it is?
The thing is that the plane is whited out because the game I play with going by the planes doesn’t support it due to the fact that I’d have to download extra stuff. That doesn’t matter, what does matter is if you can guess the model by only having access to a white figure. I’ll post one pic Saturday around midnight Zulu time.

2 Likes

This would be a great idea, but…
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/closed-aircraft-recognition-great-lakes-sport-2t-1a-2-or-a-waco-classic-reproduction-dush19-wins-leodhasach-runner-up-see-explaination/14060

1. It would be coping Max’s and other’s
  2. Since, I think, Max was the original creator, don’t you think he would not like this?
1 Like

@Maxmustang

Come out of hibernation please and answer the man’s question

3 Likes

Max Sez; @C_Baccari @Boeing707. Go for it Mr. Baccari, Aircraft Recognition is a generic topic, It has many step fathers. During my time I posted a few photo recognition quizzes that had a popular following. Your Inititive utilizing silhouette formats (white format) is a fine idea. Lead, follow or get out of the way!

10 Likes

You heard him @C_Baccari (Assuming you mean he is allowed to do it, which is what you mean, right?)

1 Like

Max Sez… @Godzilla_Gamer… “Allow” that term is not in my vocabulary! Take the initiative, take no prisoners and never look back. I look forward to @C_Baccari first quiz. “Do Good Work”

3 Likes

Well, its news to me. Sorry there.

Anyways, I also look forward to the quizzes too.

WELCOME TO MY FIRST FIRDAY NIGHT SURPRISE PIC! Anyway, below is an extremely vague photo.
Now, you’re probably thinking, “Oh, well that’s a 747. Case closed.” What kind of 747 is it? 747-8? 744? 741? Well, come vote in this poll and on Thursday, the result I’m sure is correct will be revealed. If you think my answer wrong, after the results, you can PM me and settle the argument. Poll below…

• Boeing 741
  • Boeing 742
  • Boeing 743
  • Boeing 744
  • Boeing 747-8

0 voters

Where is the plane?

2 Likes

Near the lights, you can make out a shadow.

BTW you can also argue your point about which plane it is in the topic, but the answer won’t be revealed until Thursday.

The way the nozzle sticks out the back of the engine looks like it’s a 742.

The engines do look like 742.

You dont have appreciate my aircraft recognition topic in my first topic about this :) remind that 😉

Hope you’re back to IFC

1 Like

Attention! You only have 48 hours to vote for what you believe the surprise pic is before I close the poll and reveal the answer between Thursday at 2330Z and Friday at 030Z. If you want to, you can argue your point in comments.

Attention! You only have 24 hours to vote for what you believe the surprise pic is before I close the poll and reveal the answer between Thursday at 2330Z and Friday at 030Z. If you want to, you can argue your point in comments.

ANSWER FOR THIS FIRDAY NIGHT SURPRISE

Backstory: To get my pictures, I go on my bus simulator and sneak off towards the planes. It was May 15 at 21:40. As my bus drove along the taxiway, I could see the whited out plane in the distance. Question is, what in the world is that plane called? According to research, the answer was determined a
747-8, as shown below.
Why? Okay, an estimated 1 voter more guessed it was a 742 than those who guessed 747-8. However below is a picture of a 742.

Notice that the 742’s upper deck is smaller than that on a 747-8. The reason for the 747-8 looking different than the surprise picture posted Friday is because the pictures are out of scale. Also it differs from the 744 because the upper deck connection with the lower deck is slightly different. Thanks for all the 31 voters who voted! I’ll post a new picture tomorrow.

3 Likes

1 voter? No way…

Sorry, I meant an extra voter than who voted for 747-8. I changed it.

1 Like

2ND FRIDAY NIGHT SURPRISE PIC!. Here it is!

Yes, that is a 737, but you need to vote what type of 737. Poll is below, and argue your claim in comments.

• Boeing 731
  • Boeing 732
  • Boeing 733
  • Boeing 734
  • Boeing 737-700
  • Boeing 738
  • Boeing 739

0 voters

Thanks for participating in the second Friday Night Surprise poll!

1 Like