Friday Night Flights

Hey IFC,

Is a FNF as great as it sounds or not?
By great, I mean is it either fun, busy, exciting or all of them?

The reason I’m asking is because I am currently unable to fly FNF and want to know if I should try and get time to participate in an event or fly solo on a FNF.

All of them. You’ll be flying into airports with great traffic and you’ll love it for sure! Patience is key though, there will be a queue for sure.

2 Likes

If you enjoy traffic, you’ll love it! Personally i tend to steer clear of FNFs, too many delays and wayyyyyy too much waiting 😂

4 Likes

Hi Liam!

Personally FNF’s aren’t as great as people put them to be. Sure its an event but regarding traffic levels I see no difference what so ever and just treat it as a normal day of flying. I don’t know if it is the same for others but they have lost their sparkle a bit. I always think its better departing a hub then arriving at one just for spotting and traffic purposes!

Regardless you should always participate in events they bring the IFC together and you get to have fun in regions you have never visited before finding great scenery.

Happy Flying :)
Cign

4 Likes

Well then, it seems that I’m the opposite of you and would love a FNF ;). I feel like I need some more traffic and “busyness”

1 Like

Thanks @TheAviationGallery and @Aero I’ll see what I can do this Friday and get my own opinion of FNF.

See you all in the skies (hopefully)

1 Like

That’s what’s great about IF! You can opt for high traffic areas or just cruise around, I like my realism so when there is a Southwest 737 in Australia during FNF it kinda gets me going lol

2 Likes

FNF’s are good, personally I try to avoid the main hub and fly into a secondary airport because I really don’t have the patience. Once I tried to fly into SLC when it was a hub and I was waiting for an hour. However this was 22:30 my time when it’s very busy because everyone’s awake in the world.

1 Like

I’m not sure about now, but FNF’s used to be gold. I’d always tune in as soon as I woke up to see where I was flying next and I’d kick myself if I didn’t join.

The new ones in the other hand, aren’t the greatest. I haven’t attended one in around 15 weeks or so mainly due to the lack of professionalism that is shown there.

4 Likes