Friday Night Flight - World Cup Round Up @ UUEE - 150700ZJUN2018

Woah. 102 arrivals into UUEE 😳

I wish I could fly from Dublin but no. Denmark said no

1 Like

Flew in the South Korean team from RKSI. Brought extra fuel expecting to hold for some time due to the sheer number of arrivals! Everything went smoothly on approach to UUEE (didn’t need to enter a hold, lucky me), controller on ground was very communicative (“standby” call outs) when I had to hold short of 06R after a right turn off 06L. Was probably a good 5-7 minutes before I made it across to the gate D25. Loved the FNF! Great job everyone!

-Koreanair 20 18

I got to say, the ATC Controller isn’t being very good.

And now I have been ghosted for like no reason. I’ve asked to take off, kept on saying no and then reported me because “I was blocking a taxiway” but I wasn’t instructed to take off?

2 Likes

Y’all it’s football 😑

2 Likes

Yeah well for those living in USA, they’d say Soccer since that’s correct for them…

It’s like saying Cookie or Biscuit?
Aborigine or Eggplant?
Flat or Apartment?

But no matter what you call it, cuz tonight we’ll all be united under the same sky in Moscow, filled with us amazing pilots 🌟✈🌟

1 Like

We have a massive flight coming out of OEJN inbound Moscow. No idea what it is, but Mark, Jason, Seb and Val (Edit: he left a while ago) are there. 🤔

2 Likes

SAS to UUEE

1 Like

Reminder
This is not the thread to talk about ghosts or atc controllers. If you have an issue with a controller, PM them, regardless of the situation. Thanks for understanding.

OIMM is open, congrats Iran on that late winner.

1 Like

Bouhaddouz was payed a lot of money for that header @Trio

That’s football for you.

1 Like

A surprise goal to say the least. To think that late goal happened to be a… OG… 🤭 oops…

Big GroupFLIGHT Imbound

2 Likes

I don’t know how several people knew about this without Mark posting something on here. I came because I saw a big white dot in Saudi Arabia

1 Like

That would have been such a good finish had it been on the other side tbh, excellent header😅

1 Like

Well i have to give to Iran, both played good and im happy Iran won but we’ll see how long they can stand up against Spain and Portugal… 😏

I would’ve loved to simulate Lopetegui’s flight today, depart from LEMD, go around at UUEE 2 seconds before touchdown and return straight to LEMD right away😂

2 Likes