Friday Night Flight: Welcome to Calgary! @ CYYC - 180600ZJAN19

Join us for this week's FNF:

Welcome to Calgary!

This Friday we head to the lesser used airport of Calgary. Based in Western Canada, the city is often nicknamed ‘cowtown’ for its historic ties to cattle farming. The airports itself has 4 runways, 2 parallel and 2 intersecting. From Calgary you can reach destinations around the world alongside many domestic destinations with airlines such as Air Canada. It only makes sense that we all fly Air Canada aircraft tomorrow then! @AirCanadaVirtual will sure to be out in force this week!

IFATC will be focused at Calgary throughout the event, however airports around the country will be opened once CYYC is fully controlled. You can expect multiple frequencies for this FNF, so make sure to tune into ATIS before you fly your approach!

Which Canadian airport is your favourite?

• CYYC
  • CYVR
  • CYUL
  • CYYZ

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Any

Airport/s: CYYC

Aircraft/Liveries: Air Canada

NOTAMS:

Pattern work at controllers discretion.
Please follow the rules of each server as required.
There are no established routes for this event.
Have fun!

FNF Event Hours:

Begin - Friday 18th January @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 19th January @ 06:00 ZULU

January 18, 2019January 19, 2019

66 Likes

Great, can’t wait I think when FNF is drawing to a close I may do CYYC to EGLL for Saturday’s ATC

6 Likes

@WestJet737767 one for you there ;)

10 Likes

What routes are available?

3 Likes

CYXU, I like the layout. Nice FNF Misha! :)

5 Likes

loving air canada. thisll become a great Friday!

2 Likes

Happy 1 year @AirCanadaVirtual!! Happy to have a FNF for ACVA ❤️

8 Likes

Thanks Misha

2 Likes

Yay! My home airport!!

3 Likes

This is going to be a lot of fun for sure! I can’t wait! Thanks Misha!

2 Likes

Somebody is excited! (Me obvs)
I am buying a sub just for this

6 Likes

Interesting as Calgary is the main hub AND te headquarters for WestJet 😉
But great FNF choice anyways.

CYYC very recently added an international terminal which makes it a much more pleasant airport than it use to be.

2 Likes

Fly WestJet then 😉

6 Likes

HUUURAAAYY FOR CALGARY!! HUUURAAAYY FOR ACVA!! ❤❤

I haven’t flown Air Canada in what feels like years. A good way to get this first month of the year is by going visiting our neighbor in the Cold North.

I’ll be down there with AC, found a good route I can fly, of course a Long Haul for anyone wondering ;)

And Happy 1 Year Anniversary Air Canada Vitual 🥳🎉

7 Likes

Haha!! I’ll fly both and of course AFKLM too 😉

But I have to admit that I’m absolutely not neutral in this as WJ is one of my customers IRL and I visit them often in Calgary.

I do however love the fact the ACVA poke to WJ at their home base which is easier and more fun to do in IF 😂

2 Likes

That is awsome I’ll be there!! I’m so proud to be here on the one year anniversary of this very special VA ;)

2 Likes

Awesome! My home airport!! Happy 1 year ACVA!

1 Like

Your really going to a WestJet hub and only allowing AC.

4 Likes

This is one huge VA I’m not in,huh…Cant wait for tomorrow gonna push that Westjet 738 till it glitches

1 Like