Friday Night Flight: Welcome to 2020 @ The United Kingdom - 030600ZJAN20

Welcome ajrose8231 to our community

What a fantastic service by IFATC today, My departure and arrival to EGLC was expeditious, safe and easy to follow. Thank you to all controllers who had a part in that.

2 Likes

Please stop with Heathrow. There are other airports around the UK, that are better than Heathrow.

Thanks to LCY ground and tower, also to Manchester ground and tower. Cheers

1 Like

I’d love for Infinite Flight to have ‘Radar’.

Imagine if, like ATC, controllers could hop onto Scottish Control, or London Information. That would help a lot with going from EGLL to EGCC as once out of EGLL airspace, I’m just on Unicom, With Radio silence, which isn’t fun, and destroys the realism. Having a radar would be good. You could also have a squak code which the Radar uses to take you away from traffic ( depending on type of service). Just an idea, but who thinks it would work?

On my way to Houston from EGCC after controlling at EGLL and EGKK. Really enjoyed this FNF!

1 Like

I believe you’re referring to “Center,” which is planned to be re-added to the game at some point in the future.

We (IFATC) were also discussing having someone open an approach frequency at non-featured London airport and act as center to sequence and organize aircraft inbound to the 3 airports. It was determined not to do this due to the large traffic volume and the confusion it would likely cause.

6 Likes

Having one person manage all approaching traffic in London would just be dumb. Imagine the delay it would cause.

1 Like

It’s not approach traffic. It’s traffic going through the airspace, not necessarily landing in that area. Look up Flight Information Service. LONDON FIS.

They could be going through Scottish Control to go to Reykjavik, or Scottish control if landing in Blackpool from Exeter

It’s not as if one person is going to bring 100+ planes from cruise to final. The controller would put pilots in an orderly formation and then hand them off to regional approach when they’re ready.

1 Like

Everyone is welcome to join me now! doing two flights today.

1 Like

Just got ghosted at EGLC after a go around needed to go to EGMC controller directed me at my discretion then when I didn’t follow his instructions ghosted me ? Never had it before in 1350 hrs of flying … can you complain anywhere ? Thanks

Look in your logbook to find the name of the controller who ghosted you

1 Like

Good to see EGNS getting well used 🇮🇲

1 Like

I did two flights today. One from EGLL to EGPF, on a BA Airbus 321. Another from EGLL to OTHH on a Qatar Airbus 350. I can tell you that the queue for take off was very long on runway 27L when I was flying to Doha. But it was a stunning experience to watch how professionally the ATC managed all the incoming and outgoing flights whilst keeping delay to a bare minimum. Kudos and thanks to the controllers at EGLL whoever you may be. Your effort was beautifully orchestrated!

1 Like

This is my first FNF and I’m impressed; although I only got a small sampling as my first flight to Gatwick was without a controller until on short final. The second flight, had both tower and ground but traffic was light at Gatwick, so I didn’t get the full experience. I’m in the middle of my third and hope I can make Heathrow before the controllers go to bed! Great work, everyone. A real treat compared to the usual disaster the training server is with ATC’s and users trying to take off from each end of the same runway.

1 Like

Hello Down There :D

1 Like

Thanks for the great FNF Misha. Had an “interesting” flight from LCY-YHZ in my WestJet 737-700. The departure was the best part.

2 Likes

City is a little more peaceful this morning

4 Likes