Friday Night Flight: Welcome to 2020 @ The United Kingdom - 030600ZJAN20

Join us for this week's FNF!

Well, we’ve made it! Another year down, another year ahead. We’ll be upping the number of events this year, and the FNF will be playing the key role as it has for so long! We’ll head to all areas of the world, making sure we have a huge diversity of hubs, countries, airlines and aircraft. For our first FNF of 2020, however, we let you, our community decide!

Over the course of 3 polls, Europe, and then the UK, was chosen. This week’s airports were then chosen in a final poll. This FNF was decided by you, so enjoy it as much as possible! You have an extensive domestic and international route network to choose from.

For established routes and all the airports, see further down this topic.

When does the new decade start?

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Any
Aircraft: Any
Livery: Any

Airports

Edinburgh
Newcastle
London Gatwick
London City
Liverpool
Manchester
London Heathrow
Birmingham
Belfast International
Glasgow

Established Routes

EGLC - EGPF

EGLC LCW01 LCN01 LCN04 LCN05 BPK POTON BEDFO EBOTO PIPIN LESTA EMBOR XAPOS BOLBI 5333N/154W ULSAX POL NELSA RIBEL 5443N/257W ASLIB ENIPI ODIGI PFS30 LANAK 5557N/415W EGPF

EGBB - EGKK

EGBB ADMEX 5214N/126W EMKUK COWLY 5127N/053W MID D275E MAY 5059N/016E D110L LUMBA 5111N/001E EGKK

EGPH - EGCC

EGPH 5554N/330W D262E D262J MAVIX GOSAM FENIK LUSIV 5524N/359W NAVSO BEBNI 5443N/320W LAKEY 5409N/253W TNT56 ROSUN 5327N/204W EGCC

EGNT - EGLL

EGNT NATEB GIRLI TILNI UVAVU GASKO RIBEL CROFT 5325N/227W NUGRA 5218N/133W TOBID SOPIT 5151N/058W BNN 5129N/010W EGLL

EGGP - EGAA

EGGP D269B WAL AGLIL DIGMA 5346N/354W ERDUV LUSOD PEPEG 5416N/459W ROBOP IPSET BEL 5442N/600W EGAA

FNF Event Hours:

Begin - Friday 3rd January @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 4th January @ 06:00 ZULU

January 3, 2020January 4, 2020

NOTAMS:

General Aviation traffic at ATC discretion. No local flying at any airport. EGLC SIDs in effect for 27.

105 Likes

Looks fun!

4 Likes

Oh thank god no Heathrow as the main hub…

Thanks Misha for having mercy haha! Looks fun after all, will make sure to have a few flights in and out of these airports 😄

22 Likes

This looks awesome thanks Misha!

5 Likes

Yes yes yes! But please IFATC, allow GA traffic if it works for you. It would be amazing!!

7 Likes

SIDs are departures

21 Likes

Phew, no main hubs. Can’t wait to destroy my landing gear on the LCY approach

12 Likes

My home airport 🥰 Can’t wait time get flying

1 Like

SID´s have nothing to do with approaches, nonetheless it will be a bunch of fun to control!

1 Like

Would love to see the community try and “avoid” EGLL, but … we’ll definitely see some interesting patterns from @Prashant_Divedi and @Trio im sure if its as busy as we think

15 Likes

Oops read that wrong 🤦‍♂️ I’m either blind or dont know my basic aviation knowledge haha

2 Likes

a SID = Standard Instrument Departure. Probably to avoid LHR airspace.

1 Like

I thought STAR my bad 😅😂

2 Likes

@MishaCamp, thank you so much for not making EGLL the main hub! Now I’ll come!

2 Likes

Standard Terminal Arrival Route, I think

Misha, will the SIDs be published on here, or are they just basic heading commands?

1 Like

Great fnf will be tomorrow thanks misha…

Hey whos from training server… if someone so text

I never said the poll was for any sort of hub, just the airports!

5 Likes

They will be shown in-app as normal, and there will likely only be the one that takes aircraft immediately north after departure

3 Likes

I thought EGLC’s SID was for climbing out the middle of London. Don’t want to destroy Elizabeth Tower, do we now? (It could also be for avoiding EGLL’s airspace, too. Maybe a factor of both).

2 Likes