Friday Night Flight - TBM in the Alps - 280700ZSEP18

Join us for this week's FNF:

TBM in the Alps!

Join us this week for a very special Friday Night Flight! This week we fly the wonderful new addition to the Infinite Flight family. Take your shiny new TBM and fly around the beautiful scenery of the Alps, a region in which the powerful and versatile TBM can thrive. There are no established routes for this event as we want you to get in and around the beautiful area with some VFR flying!

Post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Wanting some help with flying the TBM? Check out the TBM Takeoff Tutorial below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkoQ5zHLYXI

Event Details

Server

Any and all!

Airports

LSGG - Geneva [HUB]

LIMC - Milan [HUB]

LSGS - Sion

LSZL - Locarno

LOWI - Innsbruck

LSZA - Lugano

LOWS - Salzburg

LOWK - Klagenfurt

LSZB - Bern

Aircraft

TBM930!

NOTAMS:

Pattern work at controllers discretion.
Please follow the rules of each server as required.
There are no established routes for this event.
Have fun!

Focus Airports:

LSGG - Geneva

LSGG

Geneva airport was founded in 1919 as a small airfield near to the city of Geneva, Switzerland. In 2014, the airport broke its all-time passenger record, growing about 15 million people annually. Due to magnetic pole changes, the main runway has recently been changed from 05/23 to 04/22. The airport is a hub for both Swiss and Easyjet Switzerland, but also serves a high percentage of GA traffic on its smaller grass runway. This makes it a great location for a hub for this week’s Friday Night Flight.

Chart from LiveFlight

LSZL - Locarno

LSZL

This airport is located next to a beautiful lake right in the centre of Switzerland’s southernmost region in the Alps. The airport has 3 parallel runways, two of which are long grass runways. It is home to an array of helicopter companies, but more interestingly is home to Europe’s largest skydiving centre. This is a beautiful airport to fly into, and you should check it out!

By JHenryW - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0,

LSGS - Sion

LSGS

Sion Airport is a beautiful small airfield located just north of one of Swizerland’s largest mountain, the Matterhorn. It has seasonal flights to several destinations including London Heathrow and London City. The airport offers some of the most spectacular views of any airport approach, perhaps even one of the most scenic in the world. It is used significantly as an airport for luxury travellers going skiing, so is known for its helicopter links to nearby skiing resorts.

Map from Sion Airport Website

FNF Event Hours:

Begin - Friday 28th September @ 07:00 ZULU (12:00am PDT)

End - Saturday 29th September @ 07:00 ZULU (12:00am PDT)

September 28, 2018September 29, 2018

76 Likes

Ooo this sounds challenging and very interesting.

It’s a nice concept for a FNF with amazing scenery!

Time to bring out the Fresh Out Of The Factory #TBM ;)

4 Likes

Wow the alps! This will look amazing in the TBM, thanks Misha!

3 Likes

Best FNF ever!! I’ll definitely try and come for some vfr flying. This is definitely a chance to get really nice screenshots.
If anyone is interested I have planned a few flight plans in Switzerland (as I live there) so if you’re interested pm me and I’ll send you them

3 Likes

I’m ready for this! Maybe my crew is too 👍🏻

3 Likes

I’m gonna try and get some amazing screen shots!

1 Like

Great FNF! I’m a huge fan of the short descriptions for each Focus Airport.

4 Likes

Awesome event. Very well made thread including much of information. Can’t wait for it! Great job again Misha. You are doing very well!! Keep up the hard work!

4 Likes

I’d recommend everyone go check out LSGS right now, it’s a fabulous airport.

7 Likes

Impressive! I will try to be there!

1 Like

So glad to see that Switzerland is finally feature ! Meet me up there above the beautiful alps !

2 Likes

I want to preface this by saying, I always have fun at FNF, and I am very happy for all the work @MishaCamp, and others put in to it, but recently I have not been as big of a fan of the direction FNF is taking. It used to be more routes, but I frankly dont rember the last time it had an established route. It is more of a FNR or Friday Night Regon, often just an extension of IFATC scedual. Now I as going to complain about it no longer being friday night, but I supose I need to complain to timezones for that. While I love the TBM, and love an FNF for it, I thing these types of places to fly for it should be left to the scedual, with FNF focussing less on highlighting airlines or aircraft since the scedual already does that, but more on events like “fly the Steelers to the Superbowl!” or help with desaster relief in cargo planes. A reall weekly event not regon. I know that cant be done every week, but to see more routes, and true events would be a welcome addition to me. What do you guys think?

(Also I still love it, thanks for all the hard work, just my opinion…)

7 Likes

Gonna extend my test flight from Canada and try to make it all the way. Should be interesting.

2 Likes

crashes at runway threshold… 😂

2 Likes

Gonna probably end up gliding in from 28000 feet. And then be told to expect vectors.

1 Like

Wow, I forgot the TBM could go that high…

Yeah an FNF in Geneva airport ❤️

Is it No TAF ?

I would be in 100% favor of that and so would @Dillon_Lewis

1 Like