Friday Night Flight - South African Flying Spree @ FACT - 270700ZJUL18

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Friday Night Flight:
South African Flying Spree

We fly to South Africa this week for FNF and feature FACT and the beautiful surrounding scenery! Come out in your favorite airline that flies to and from Cape Town and show your support!

Post your best screenshots on Instagram and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. NOTE: All screenshots must be clean (without HUD, tags, etc), and all settings on HIGH to be considered. Simply tag us using @Infinite_Flight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight, #fridaynightflight, #southafricanflyingspree

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)
Airport: FACT
Aircraft: Any Airline

NOTAMS: There are no established routes for this event.
NO PATTERN WORK AT FIELDS WITH ACTIVE ATC DURING FNF PEAK HOURS!
(Pattern work at controller’s discretion based on airport traffic conditions outside of peak hours)
Follow all ATC instructions (when available).
Ghosting will be strictly enforced.

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 07/27 @ 07:00 ZULU (12:00am PDT)
End - Saturday 07/28 @ 07:00 ZULU (12:00am PDT)

Be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in during this week’s FNF!!

Happy and Safe Landings!

43 Likes

When you plan to fly from FACT for your FNF long haul, Mark decides to make the FNF in FACT! Oh well, I can always go from EGLL

4 Likes

Oh, that looks fun! Beautiful places in Africa, can’t wait!

1 Like

Wow, I thought it would’ve been something like:

Friday Night Flight - Oshkosh Fly-in @ KOSH - 270700ZJUL18

but I would still love flying over the beauty known as Africa.

5 Likes

As someone in my VA said, just imagine Oshkosh for FNF… would be very tough to control

1 Like

@Solocup Would’ve been there controlling all day if he had the choice. You could pick his brain about Oshkosh and he’ll lay it all out for you.

5 Likes

And it’s time to bring out my A346, haven’t flown that beauty for quite a while 😍

Departure: Frankfurt Airport (EDDF)
Scheduled Departure: 03:20
Departure Time: 0340Z
Delayed: 30 minutes

Destination: Cape Town (FACT)
Scheduled Arrival: 1340Z
Estimated Arrival: 1420Z

Airline: Lufthansa
Aircraft: Airbus A340-600 (A346)
Distance: 5290nm, approx…
Cruise Speed: M0.82
Cruise Altitude: 36000 ft (FL360) [Initial Climb to FL310]

Note: In Real Life, Lufthansa flies this route with a A340-300 (A343) and not the -600, due to the -300 not existing in IF i had to alternate reality a little bit.

This flight is approximately 11 hours and 10 minutes.

The flight departures daily from Frankfurt, and vice-versa in both directions, connecting Lufthansa’s (International) Main Hub Frankfurt with Cape Town.

2 Likes

Will be doing an ultra long flight from KLAX-FACT departing in 30 minutes. Fully fueled 787-8’s Estimated Arrival is around 5PM EST

4 Likes

For anyone in Africa, there will be a lunar eclipse on Friday at 21:30 local time in Cape Town. Just throwing it out there

4 Likes

EGGL - FACT

6 Likes

My home town! Yes!
I’m on approach to FAOR from EGLL and will be refueling to fly to FACT.

Thank you!
Best birthday month gift ever

2 Likes

Hmm I don’t have an airline I like that goes to Cape Town,I may just go on an A388,If an airline operates one there and pack it with water to help that water crisis over there

1 Like

Here you have all arrivals for Cape Town, hopefully you’ll find something you can fly there, otherwise the A380 is fine to use :)
☝️ (Click on the hyperlink above to view) ☝️

A couple of flights i could recommend are:

• 777-300ER - Emirates
  • A340-600 - Lufthansa
  • 777-200ER - KLM
  • 787-9 - Ethiopian
4 Likes

Just spawned in at EGLL to take BAW59 (but im using the 777 instead of the 747 in real life)

Will depart in approximately 20 minutes.

Estimated arrival: 1830-1900Z

1 Like

I didn’t even know that there is HD imagery in South Africa 😂😂

1 Like

Yeah. We’re looking forward to that. Weather here in Cape Town is overcast but it should clear up by sunset

1 Like

Should be also visible from Europe, Middle East, Australia and most of Asia.

I’ll be coming from the ME tonight, to enjoy it en-route.

1 Like

There are times when we do not have ATC active on Expert server. EVERYONE better be considerite of other aircraft on the ground and in the air. Everyone should use FACT Unicom at all times. If someone is on the runway and you are landing , you better go around.

6 Likes

Well guys (@DeerCrusher, @Damian), it looks like you two caught up to me… and Damian even passed me…

So I kind of joined you guys in on this plane-train thing in a way or another… sort of 😅

I can see @ChronicTailwinds far behind but not @TheInitialVirus… 🤔

Anyways it’s time to prepare for descending very soon though.

3 Likes