Friday Night Flight - Qantas Down Under Flight @ YSSY

Hey mates!

Join us for this week’s FNF Event:
Qantas Down Under Flight

This week’s all server event is to celebrate the first Australian passenger departures on 17APR1943 and the first passengers to fly to Australia on a new Qantas service on 20APR1943. Let’s give tribute to this piece of aviation history by flying all over the Sydney region with Qantas aircraft! This of course is not required but a suggestion to follow this week’s theme.

There are no NOTAMS, restrictions, or established routes for this event. Just come out to Sydney Region, fly your favorite Qantas aircraft (preferred but feel free to fly whatever plane you’d like) for a flight from YSSY to YSCB or vice versa. Fly QantasLink to some of the smaller fields. Coordinate with other pilots for formation flights, ramp screenshots, and to just enjoy flying out of appreciation of how aviation has bridged the world!

Region: Sydney

NOTAMS: None

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)

Aircraft: Qantas aircraft preferred (All aircraft are welcome)!

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 4/22 @ 18:30 ZULU (10:30am PST)
End - Saturday 4/23 @ 10:30 ZULU (2:30am PST)

Follow all ATC instructions when available, be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in Sydney! Feel free to share your screenshots!

Happy and Safe Landings!

-Skyhawk Heavy

26 Likes

Good thing I don’t have to buy anything for this one! I’ll maybe come

2 Likes

This is going to be really enjoyable.

5 Likes

Go the Aussies

3 Likes

I may be in a 767

3 Likes

Finally some recognition. Jk this should be nice.

I’m coming in a Dash :-D

QantasGroup? Is Jetstar alright?

3 Likes

If we could get the full relay of ATC: Ground, Tower, Departure, Center and Approach, it would be great.

9 Likes

I will definitly be there! Great work @Mark_Denton!

1 Like

I prob won’t be able to make it 😪

1 Like

We are in discussion about this, at this time this does overlap our Event (Qantas Virtual): Jetstar flight. At least its not on our anniversary.

3 Likes

Coming with Qantas A380!!!

I wish the wifi in Iran wasn’t too slow for this. Wish I could come.

1 Like

Not overlapping our anniversary but a nice lead up to Qantas Virtual’s 4 year Anniversery ! Thanks @Mark_Denton nicely timed sir!

3 Likes

Yep JetStar is owned by Qantas. Also Jetstar is part of Qantas Virtual as well!

2 Likes

looking forward to this one, Ive been wanting to fly down under for a while but theres never anybody around when im on.

2 Likes

There is something about this that gives me a flashback.

Wasn’t this event made with approx. the same title for like half a year ago?

EDIT: found it.

1 Like