Friday Night Flight - Philippines Airlines 1st Asian Airlines to Cross Pacific @ PHNL - 291730ZJUL16

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s FNF Event:
Philippines Airlines Becomes 1st Asian Airline to Cross Pacific

This week, we celebrate the 70th anniversary of the first crossing of the Pacific Ocean by PAL becoming the first Asian airline to make the journey. The flight was made in a Douglas DC-4 originating in Oakland with one of the stops being in Honolulu. Later in December of 1946, a regular service began between Manila and San Francisco. During this time, the airline was designated as the country’s flag carrier. Join us in the Hawaii region as we celebrate this great event in aviation history!

There are no established routes for this event. Come to the Hawaii region in any PAL aircraft of your choice! Team up with other pilots for formation flights, ramp screenshots, or to just enjoy flying for the love of flying on Infinite Flight.

Post your best screenshots for a chance to have it shared on our Official Infinite Flight Instagram page at http://instagram.com/infiniteflight

Region: Hawaii

NOTAMS:
Do not exceed 550 kts GS (Ground Speed) below FL400.
Ghosting will be enforced.

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)

Aircraft: Any Philippines Airlines Aircraft (Preferred but not required)!

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 7/29 @ 17:30 ZULU (10:30am PST)
End - Saturday 7/30 @ 9:30 ZULU (2:30am PST)

Follow all ATC instructions when services are available, be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in Hawaii!

Happy and Safe Landings!

27 Likes

nice ill be there

My first FNF as a controller :-)
Really looking forward to it. Expect me to control PHOG.

1 Like

my live expired today sadly

1 Like

Nice mix up of airlines. Philippines isn’t an airline I fly for much so it’s a nice change from the usual

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

Y put the PAL 777 if we can’t use it ;-;

3 Likes

I’ll be there in a 777.

Was really busy when I was on today:

2 Likes

The event is tomorrow.

3 Likes

Team IFPHG will be there to represent PAL 😊👍🏼

4 Likes

I’m gonna join, but it’s at 1:30 in the morning for me. I’ll try not to fall asleep. This is kind of ironic because we’re going to use the PAL livery, and most people in the Philippines would be sleeping at this event.

1 Like

Me too ill join. I will sleep early in the afternoon.

2 Likes

I will come too.

Starts in a half hour :D

1 Like

Getting ready, only if PAL 777 was here :( I am Philippines 1 Heavy

There were 5 people on playground, how about advanced? I also reached Grade 3! :)

My aunt was born in Manila

Nobodys posted any pics yet :(

1 Like