Friday Night Flight - Pan Am 747 Is 1st Widebody To Land @ EGLL - 131830ZJAN17

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Friday Night Flight:
Pan Am 747 First Widebody To Land At Heathrow

To celebrate the anniversary of this iconic aircraft and historic moment, we head to the London Region in the Pan Am 747 as it was the first widebody aircraft to land at Heathrow on 12JAN1970, while also setting a world record for carrying the most passengers totaling 380. The aircraft was nicknamed “Clipper Young America”. It has been 47 years since that happened and today, it seems you almost see more heavies and widebodies at EGLL than anything else. Join with us in celebrating this moment in aviation history and let’s fill up the skies over London in the Pan Am 747.

Post your best screenshots for a chance to have it shared on our Official Infinite Flight Instagram page at http://instagram.com/infiniteflight

Region: London

NOTAMS:
NO PATTERN WORK AT FIELDS WITH ACTIVE ATC DURING FNF!
Follow all ATC instructions (when available). Ghosting will be enforced.

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)

Aircraft: Pan Am 747

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 01/13 @ 18:30 ZULU (10:30am PST)
End - Saturday 01/14 @ 10:30 ZULU (2:30am PST)

Be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in the London!

Happy and Safe Landings!

47 Likes

Can’t wait for this event, I’ll actually get to attend this one.

3 Likes

Cheers Mark!

2 Likes

We need to coordinate to meet up

1 Like

I will try to come, what time is this in central time?(Texas time)

The times are in the description. Just need to read and then calculate the time difference between Pacifuc Time and Central Time. K. Thanks. 🙄

5 Likes

Are there assigned gates?

Ooo, nice go with the black and white 🙌🏼

1 Like

And I will surely be there for this one after the Lufthansa Virtual Brussels Pate Pickup flight! 2 events in a row!! Can’t wait for this!!

Excellent timing for my phone to die. This FNF is more motivation to get it replaced tomorrow.

3 Likes

You’ll address me as Air Force one

All pumped up! The event starts in just half an hour!!

No there are not

Ok thanks.

Is anyone on the event yet? We have to show them what we got!

Where should I spawn

It’s up to you! Spawn wherever you want! It doesn’t matter as long as you have a pre-planned FPL with a specific runway of your choice (Since it will be easier to taxi). @Airbus_Driver

Okay, so I just realised the event is for 2 hours and it’s not that easy to get the IF pilots out of their beds early!

Thanks to everybody that flew into EGLL a few minutes ago while I was controlling TS1. Great pilots and had a good rush of traffic.

Here are some of the highlights from ATC.

Thanks everyone for flying in! Looking forward to flying later tonight.

2 Likes