Friday Night Flight - Palmdale Prop Fly In

Welcome Infinite Flight pilots to another Friday Night Flight, all servers event. This week we bring you another highly structured fly in event in the Southern California region. We will have a simulated scenario replicating one of the largest prop fly in on the U.S. west coast. Join us and have a taste of what this huge prop aircraft fly in is like on your mobile device.

We will be using IF procedures for the arrival phase to provide an organized and realistic experience. ALL pilots attending the event (Advanced ATC Server) must be familiar with event procedures and NOTAMs. Full ATC will be available to implement and assist with procedures. Failure to follow instructions will lead to ghosting. It is recommended you take notes on the procedures or save on a second device.

NOTAM Link to this weeks FNF procedures here on the community forum:

14 full hours to join and enjoy this event.

An ALL servers event. You can choose your level of participation by selecting the server you want.

•Free Flight Server - No violations. Very relaxed environment.

•ATC Playground Server - Violations apply, no ATC Ghosting. Try your best.

•ATC Advanced Server - All violations and rules are strictly enforced. Serious pilots fly here. Be Sure to read the NOTAM for special conditions and procedures linked above.

Feel free to participate any time during the start and stop times.

• Friday October 16th 2015

• Event Start Time - 19:30 ZULU (12:30PM PDT)

• Event End Time - 09:30 ZULU Saturday Oct 17th (2:30AM PDT Saturday Oct 17th)

• Region Of The Week: Southern California

• Objectives: Complete final leg delivery and brief test flight.

• Aircraft type: Prop Aircraft ONLY

Share your best screen shots and have fun!

10 Likes

Awesome David! Can’t wait, props for life!

Ill be joining in! This will be my first Friday Night event!

One question. Why an IFR Approach Requirement for Recip GA. Is Pilots Discretion available ? I was gonna fly the Super Decatholon? Max Sends

1 Like

It’s not easy at all to do screenshots during flight, and there’s no replay on live, for me on this device. Had a Samsung Note II before and could do all of that, now on this HTC Tablet I’d have to press the power button and tap the volume for a screenshot (something crazy like that) someday though, meanwhile I get great personal satisfaction when I observe myself being able to aviate navigate communicate just as well as those who’ve taken the time to make really awesome photo takes and videos and tutorials (I think I’ve watched just about all one can find) Thanks for the post.

I will be happy to commiserate with you…l have a Galaxy tab 4 …ten inch now…and l was totally shocked when l had found the accessibility menu panel and gave the screen shot sequence a shortcut…so now all l have to do is tap it from the front screen…no more idiotic finger gymnastic practice to press the power and volume buttons at exactly the right time…which when you are in a hurry to get the snapshot perfect for IF or anything else…is almost next to impossible…so thank Samsung for realizing that ahead of time …even Google never thought of it on their Nexus…so maybe that’s slight proof that once in a while a manufacturer does listen and adjusts their perception to better serve their customers

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I really had fun this event :) it was great when around about 50 planes were standing by the side of the runway. I would have loved to stay there for the rest of the evening but unfortunately my phone crashed - I guess setting the planes shown on Very High wasn’t such a good idea 😅This was definitely the best FNF I have attended so far - also approach with visual landmarks to follow was great.
Happy Landings and Happy Spotting the next hours :-)
Jasper

3 Likes

3 Cirrus just flew in and lined up along rwy 4. Come on in!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Great controlling! We need more traffic! I see Tyler is inbound in his Cirrus :)

1 Like

For at least an hour during the event…nobody was in the tower at LAX or KSAN…how often does that ever happen…and no traffic at either airport…and KPMD looked like a house with a incurable termite problem…from the radar view…

1 Like