Friday Night Flight: Over and Out @ UK and Canary Islands - 040600ZOCT19

Join us for this week's FNF!

It is a sad thing when airlines go out of business. Thomas Cook Airlines was no exception. The collapse of the airline resulted in thousands of job losses, and for the aviation community, a historical and well-loved airline was lost. However, this week we want to shine a light on the amazing airline that Thomas Cook was, and celebrate it as best as we can. We hope you appreciate this weeks theme and enjoy the event!

There is no one hub airport for this week. Instead, there will be a mixture of Thomas Cook airports open across the United Kingdom and the Canary Islands. Each airport has an important role to play in the route network of Thomas Cook. The established routes this week will be based on real-world routes flown by the airline to and from these airports.

Have you ever flown on an airline that no longer operates?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Any
Aircraft: Any
Livery: Thomas Cook

Airports
EGPF Glasgow
GCLP Gran Canaria
EGBB Birmingham
GCRR Lanzarote
EGKK Gatwick
EGAA Belfast
GCFV Fuerteventura
GCTS Tenerife

Established Routes

GCLP - EGPF

GCLP ISLET COLON THAIS NERVO KASAS 3105N/1558W BIMBO VABEM XERES BEGAS LASNO EMPER MAPAG ULTAG ROTEV GOTNA BLACA 5456N/507W GIRVA TRN EGPF

EGBB - GCTS

EGBB EMKUK CPT NUBRI PEPIS SAM IBNID MARUK LORKU 4950N/229W GOBUR TITUB BERAD QPR EBOMO KEREB COQUE KOLEK KORUL AGADO BEXAL KUBIL OSDIV KONBA GURKA BRICK 2907N/1620W TFN TERFE GCTS

GCFV - EGGW

GCFV ADOVO FV672 LTE ARVEM GILDI VASTO 3050N/1319W SULAM BAROK LIGRA PINEK KORUL KOLEK COQUE KEREB EBOMO QPR ARE BADUR JSY REVTU ODREP GOKTU 5019N/121W VASUX DISVO TELTU HOLLY WILLO EGKK

EGAA - GCRR

EGAA DEGOS TUGSI 5204N/618W BANBA DOKEK PAVLO LND MABUG AMPOP PEMAK ADRUD MADEK PEVIS TURDO KORUL ASPOR TAKAV VEDOD TERTO PEPOM 2944N/1303W GINAS POKAB NIRPO GCRR

GCLP - EGBB

GCLP ISLET COLON LARYS SARAY 3015N/1347W VASTO SULAM BAROK BARDI ZMR NUBLO RONSI DELOG DESAB TEPRA NORMI MOKOR TERPO RINSO EKRAS DIKRO EPATI KOTEM PILIP NELKO AVANT HEMEL BUZAD 5205N/053W DTY EGBB

EGPF - GCFV

EGPF 5542N/444W NORBO TRN BLACA NELBO 5425N/522W NUMPI NIMAT ORTOM LASNO BEGAS DEMOS TAKAV VEDOD TERTO POKAB BUSAP GCFV

GCRR - EGKK

GCRR RR450 GILDI VASTO SULAM 3116N/1258W DIMSA IBLIV SUNID AKUDA BARDI ZMR NUBLO RONSI DELOG JSY REVTU DOMUT 5022N/132W KATHY AVANT GWC ASTRA EGKK

GCTS - EGAA

GCTS TFN KASAS 3021N/1550W BIMBO MANOX LUPOV NILAV OMOKO GUNSO UNLID TOMTO 5332N/735W TUGSI DEGOS EGAA

FNF Event Hours:

Begin - Friday 4th October @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 5th October @ 06:00 ZULU

October 4, 2019October 5, 2019

NOTAMS:

No local flying permitted. There is no hub airport for this week. IFATC will not be open at Manchester [EGCC].

79 Likes

Goodbye Thomas Cook
You’ll be in our hearts forever.
❤️💛

28 Likes

I have never flown Thomas Cook, but I am sad that they are gone. I will try to fly a flight tomorrow to honor them.

9 Likes

Great way to honor this airline. I’ll miss seeing the A330s at JFK…

6 Likes

Nice , perfect 😉

1 Like

This is hands down one of the best FNF’s out there! Thanks Misha for being open-minded and making an event about a fallen airline to honour its unfortunate closure 🙂

❤️🧡

9 Likes

By the way, no joke this company started with an anti-liquor movement

1 Like

Why no EGCC?

3 Likes

Yes a good FNF I’ll be doing EIDW-GCFV as I’ve done that irl

1 Like

Well it’s got to be my last flight on Thomas cook
June last year Hurgarda Intl (HEGN) to London Gatwick (EGKK) A321

1 Like

767 time tomorrow thanks Misha ♥️

1 Like

Thomas Cook

I salute you goodbye, I give respect

Thank you for memories you gave to people
even tho I never flew it

1 Like

Wow wow wow wow this is one incredible FNF Misha!

Very happy to see Birmingham being one of the featured airports among all these amazing airspaces in this, another great FNF 🥳

I’ll see if I can make or have enough energy in the morning of Friday to make a Long Haul into EGBB 🛫

Thanks for finally making a European FNF @MishaCamp. I love the combination of Europe and a specific airline because I have a lot of route options. See you all in the UK!

Hopefully I can make this FNF. Goodbye Thomas cook!

As an ex TCX employee, this warms my heart. Thanks everyone 💛

14 Likes

Oh your kidding me @mishacamp lmao I have an event featuring 5 airports, in the making and Gatwick was one of them 😂…

But tbh I’ll schedule that event for early 2020

Also Gatwick EGKK is my home International airport. My home and where I fly being Lydd Ashford EGMD.

2 Likes

Hope the wind aloft problem is solved until tomorrow.

1 Like