Friday Night Flight - Olympic National Park Tour

This weeks FNF all servers event is one we have done a few times, and here again due to popular request. A mountain tour event in the Olympic National Park, Seattle region.

As in previous tours David will lead two scheduled tours on the Advanced ATC server only. Those pilots attending need only to follow him as he guides them through the mountain passes. A flight plan is available for those wanting to go it alone, or have for their own reference at the bottom of this posting.
Please be aware that the flight plan is only a guide and pilots should expect many twists and turns between way points. Following the natural contours of the land is going to be necessary. Be ready to make sharp turns, and steep climbs or descents.

Take pictures and enjoy the ride.

All servers are welcome to follow the same tour instructions at a less strict pace.

As a reminder, we have extended FNF event duration another 6 hours. Start times are the same as all past events and will go on an extra 6 hours.

14 full hours to join and enjoy this event.

NOTAM: See picture of the flight plan under this event post.

An ALL servers event. You can choose your level of participation by selecting the server you want.

•Free Flight Server - No violations. Very relaxed environment.

•ATC Playground Server - Violations apply, no ATC Ghosting. Try your best.

•ATC Advanced Server - All violations and rules are strictly enforced. Serious pilots fly here. Be sure to follow event procedures to avoid being ghosted. Be sure to check and understand the NOTAM

Feel free to participate any time during the start and stop times.

• Friday December 4th 2015

Event Start Time - 20:30 ZULU (12:30PM PST)

First Guided Tour - CANCELED 21:00 ZULU (1:00PM PST) Advanced ATC Server

Second Guided Tour - 01:00 ZULU Sat. Dec 5th (Or Friday 5:00PM PST) Advanced ATC Server.

Event End Time - 10:30 ZULU Saturday Dec 5) (2:30AM PST Saturday Dec. 5th)

• Region Of The Week: Seattle / Portland

• Aircraft Restriction - Propeller Aircraft Only. Cessna 208 highly recommended.

Share your event experiences and photos.

Happy landings
Event Plan Tours Begin and End at KTIW

9 Likes

Yes, finally the Seattle region!!!

Yeah yeah yeah… I spelled Valleys wrong. Try to let it go. :)

I checked the ZULU conversion and believe it’s correct this time? If not please comment with the correct ZULU times.

All details including guided tour times are in the event details.

2 Likes

When will you be giving the tours?

I remember one time when this event was held, we took off parallel to each other (it was allowed at that event), and I chased you the entire time.

3 Likes

My bad David. Thought you mean’t “Olympic National Park Tour” instead of “Part”.

1 Like

I’ll be there!

1 Like

@DIsraelFDS, thanks for setting up tha time frame for the 2nd tour. It fits me perfectly, so should many of the IF pilots on this side of the globe. Don’t know if you had had that in mind when you planned out the event, I still to give you a big “Thank you” for that 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

1 Like

I guess I will have to buy the region

Wait I can’t… 😡😡

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

If only I had 4000 more xp…

I will try make the first tour

@DIsraelFDS will be following you in an a318

Props only! (Filler)

1 Like

Ok ok 😞 B767

@Belfast_spotter

I’m in one now don’t worry

1 Like

Sorry everybody. Guided tour 1 canceled because of extreme weather. I thought it was going to be modified a bit, but it wasn’t. I’m not sure why. Anyway, it’s on me and I apologize. Hopefully it’ll be flyable for tour 2, and I’ll give it a shot.

2 Likes