Friday Night Flight: Off Season in Athens @ LGAV - 040600ZJAN19

FNF%20Off%20Season%20in%20Athens%20Header

Join us for this week's FNF:

Off Season in Athens

This Friday we head to the beautiful scenery that surrounds the Greek city of Athens. Famed for its rich history, the area is surrounded by magical islands, stunning city views and so much more. The airport itself is located on the east coast, with a large hilly area to its west. Creating challenges for approaches to the airport, it will be a great FNF for all!

IFATC will be focused at Athens, however airports around the country will be opened once LGAV is fully controlled. You can expect multiple frequencies for this FNF, so make sure to tune into ATIS before you fly your approach!

Which Greek airline has the best livery?

• Olympic Air
  • Ellinair
  • Astra Airlines
  • Aegean

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Any

Airport/s: LGAV

Aircraft/Liveries: Any

NOTAMS:

Pattern work at controllers discretion.
Please follow the rules of each server as required.
There are established routes for this event.
Have fun!

FNF Event Hours:

Begin - Friday 4th January @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 5th January @ 06:00 ZULU

January 4, 2019January 5, 2019

53 Likes

Great looking FNF! LGAV hasnt had crazy traffic in some time! looking forward to hopefully getting a chance to open tomorrow

7 Likes

Love Athens. Only flew there probably once but the scenery was gorgeous. Expect me there!

1 Like

A Greek FNF! Should be fun controlling and flying around and out of Greece!

5 Likes

Wish we had at least one of those liveries 😶. But nevertheless thank you so much for the FNF in Greece, really made my day 🇬🇷.

4 Likes

This, of all FNFs, is the one I can’t control at?😭😭

But amazing to have it in Athens! Thanks FDS! Aegean Virtual will be out in full force!

Hopefully we see a nice Aegean livery soon to fly there ;)

If i’m honest Ellinair probably has the nicest livery…but can’t take love away from Aegean.

8 Likes

Looks like a fantastic place for the event. Controlled there last week and I loved the layout!

See y’all in Athens!

Greece and specifically Athens have some truely awesome scenery and very fun approaches. Looking forward to a great first FNF in 2019!

2 Likes

was about to Tag u for this😂

2 Likes

who knows what 2019 holds… in my opinion its about time for the aegean to be in IF, espacially for the VA…

4 Likes

I can imagine 😂 lovely to see it!

You’re right about the livery of course.

1 Like

@Thomas_G might like this

1 Like

As well as @Paul_petropoulos 👀

Btw thank you Misha for this Greek FNF! Amazing work as always. Glad to see my country featured… 😃

6 Likes

Its a shame that we dont have an Aegan livery yet! Would be a great addition!

4 Likes

Nice FNF misha!Can’t wait to see you guys flyin and @Chris_Hoover at approach

3 Likes

This should be a nice FNF. I thought I’d traveled to all major airports I could think of in IF but forgot LGAV 🤦‍♂️. Well until tomorrow

2 Likes

Nice FNF Misha! I’ll be doing some hopping around the Greek Islands tomorrow. Probably in the TBM.

1 Like

I’ve never flown Greece in IF. I hear the scenery is quite good!

1 Like

Aegean A320 please!!! Please let this be a livery surprise like WOW Air! Aegean Virtual will be deploying at full force. So happy to have an FNF in Greece. It is a great was to start 2019!

1 Like