Friday Night Flight - National Aviation Day Celebration @ KCLT - 181730ZAUG17

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Friday Night Flight:
National Aviation Day Celebration

As most of you may already know, the 19th of August is recognized as National Aviation Day, which was originally proclaimed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on August 19, 1939, to honor Orville Wright’s birthday (born on August 19, 1871) as a national holiday. Brothers Wilbur and Orville Wright are credited for being the first to fly a man-powered airplane as well as sustaining flight on December 17, 1903 in Kitty Hawk, NC.

Let’s pay tribute to these great innovators and celebrate this year’s National Aviation Day by flying our favorite aircraft around the Charlotte region of North Carolina. These two pioneers paved the way for aviation which is what brings us all together on Infinite Flight today. Come to the Charlotte region in any aircraft of your choice! Team up with other pilots for formation flights, ramp screenshots, or to just enjoy flying for the love of flying on Infinite Flight. Hope to see some screenshots of heritage and formation flights. Looking forward to some awesome screenshots regardless.

Post your best screenshots for a chance to have it shared on our Official Infinite Flight Instagram page at http://instagram.com/infiniteflight

Region: Charlotte

NOTAMS:
NO PATTERN WORK AT FIELDS WITH ACTIVE ATC DURING FNF PEAK HOURS!
(Pattern work at controller’s discretion based on airport traffic conditions outside of peak hours)
Follow all ATC instructions (when available).
Ghosting will be enforced. Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)

Airport: KCLT
Aircraft: Any Aircraft

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 08/18 @ 17:30 ZULU (10:30am PDT)
End - Saturday 08/19 @ 9:30 ZULU (2:30am PDT)

Be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in Charlotte!!

Happy and Safe Landings!

50 Likes

Beautiful photo! Can’t wait to come 👍

13 Likes

The Super Decathlon is my new favorite plane. Goodbye 787-8 hello Super Decathlon.

7 Likes

FInally an event in Charlotte!!

5 Likes

What airlines fly in Charlotte

4 Likes

I’ll be there! Sounds fun!

3 Likes

I’ll be there in the 787-10 when I can attend :)

2 Likes

I’ll be there, controlling either KCLT or KSSC hopefully :)

2 Likes

Definitely coming!!! I’ll be changing aircraft slot though 😇 I’ll be flying a320s (US Airways in honour of Sully) the legendary 747-200, Dash Q-400 (my favourite), Fat Albert and many more aircraft!

Definitely attending this one :)

2 Likes

US airways was a big one!

1 Like

Delta, United, Southwest, American, JetBlue, Spirit, Frontier, air Canada (those aren’t all the airlines that fly there, those are the only IF airlines)

1 Like

I will be there in aa 767, us airways and American a320 and Deltas

1 Like

I’ll be there in my Air Canada XXX lol

1 Like

Nice event, Mark!

Really looking forward to it :)

2 Likes

The Super-D is a great fit for the occasion. Looking forward to some low and slow fun tonight.

2 Likes

Im on and coming what Gate?

1 Like

Happy Aviation Day guys!

Great looking event! Sadly I wouldn’t be able to come to this event because I will be gone all day:-(

1 Like

Im starting this event off on TS1 by saying, KCLT Tower and Ground is now open! (All comments and everything on my topic please ;)

1 Like