Friday Night Flight: Istanbul New Airport @ LTFM - 080600ZMAR19

Join us for this week's FNF:

Istanbul New Airport!

This Friday we head to the new Istanbul Airport! As airlines switch routes from LTBA, we thought it only proper to do the same! IFATC will also be open in various selected airports based upon the established routes of the week. These routes will be a mix of new routes already at the airport, and a selection of the next routes moving at the start of April!

The airport has no current approach frequency on Infinite Flight, so departure will be acting as Approach. There will also be a NOTAM in place of ATIS. The airport is capable of handling all aircraft, however not all gates can cater to heavy aircraft:

Do you prefer the new or old Istanbul airport?

• New
  • Old

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Established Routes

Inbound to Istanbul
EDDM - LTFM

EDDM MEBEK PESAT TEGRI GESBA NEKUL LAMIT VAMON ELVAB RASUB BULEN RIXEN 4155N/2846E TETSA LTFM

EGPH - LTFM

EGPH D026M HAVEN IPSAD OTBUN AGPED NATEB 5502N/139W LONAM POVEL OMELO 5034N/1435E KOPIT DIXEP ABRAX BNO ODNEM BERVA ERGOM TEGRI OVDOT OSTOV XANEX GASRU ADORU 4151N/2636E ATVEP ULMAR CRL FM716 LTFM

UBBB - LTFM

UBBB RASAM NUNTI LUSAL EDELU 4103N/4710E ADEKI BADIR LAGAS AGISO TETRO ODILI ROLIN KARDE SIN SUNUM INB MIMTO HAKAN GUMRU PAZAR FM464 LTFM

EYVI - LTFM

EYVI DUKAT NOPKA OSMUS BUSIN GANVI 5249N/2621E ROMLU PNK DIBON RELNO GIDNO BAGSA RIMOS LURIK BUKOV BCU TULNU PELES EVIKA PILAT CND VAKIS DINRO MATEL RIXEN TETSA LTFM

Outbound from Istanbul
LTFM - LEBL

LTFM ERLEB OKBAL BEDEL GELBU 4053N/2618E GOLDO NEVAL PINDO GOKEL XAPAT 4036N/1801E MOKTO MATED VEGAN SOR VEXUV UNIXO POKAV OKIDO MINKA MALAV GINOX BUKID ATGUS BALEN ELVOP MUREN CHELY VERSO 4109N/345E SADEM BCN40 LESBA LEBL

LTFM- OKBK

LTFM BKZ BA044 BAVUL ULPER PIMAV EKMEL TOKER 4014N/3128E UMRUN PETAR BAG KUBER GOBIT MARTI GEM GEM BULUT EZS SORAR TAMER ULSAB ABKAL SRT VAKUL OTKEP RATVO OTIDO DERNU SOBIL VAXEN SISIN PEBAD 3050N/4731E SIDAD OKBK

LTFM - ESGG

LTFM TOPLU 4148N/2804E IBLAL UVUDA BGS GONGO EKSOL KOMAN OBUGA FLR ENIMA ULMIN NEPOT DEGET DEMOP BABKO EVGUR POLON AMUTO EMGIP MAPEX ELPOL AMROR 5622N/1260E RISMA ESGG

LTFM - LMML

LTFM ERLEB OKBAL BEDEL GELBU GOLDO ALX 4051N/2557E IDILO SOSUS SUTIS ASKOS PEREN ARNAS TSL ELPIS LOPOS KOGIS PIKOS YNN PARAX KRK IDIMI DINOB 3835N/1847E 3821N/1827E AMREX SODMO PESAR ABAKO ERNAM 3645N/1600E LORED LMML

Established routes are brought to you by https://fpltoif.com

Event Details

Server: Any

Airport/s: Istanbul New Airport

Aircraft/Liveries: Turkish

NOTAMS:

Pattern work at controllers discretion.
Please follow the rules of each server as required.
There are established routes for this event.
ATIS is replaced by a NOTAM
LTBA is closed
Have fun!

ATIS is replaced by a NOTAM. Departure is in use as Approach. Flying between any airports in the TFR is not permitted and will result in ghosting by IFATC. LTBA is closed.

FNF Event Hours:

Begin - Friday 8th March @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 9th March @ 06:00 ZULU

March 8, 2019March 9, 2019

pinned globally #2

Wow! Great FNF as always. Looking forward to it!

Excited to control here! From what I’ve seen, there’s a lot of frequencies to choose from, and with such a large airport the possibilities are endless!

I’m so happy I wanted this to be the FNF 😀

As much I like the new Modern, Sleek, Futuristic looking Airport, big and spacious, I still prefer the old one, maybe because I haven’t been to the new one yet and am about to first time tomorrow or maybe because I’m just nostalgic and miss the old facility?

Either way, I’ll hopefully be there, depends on the current circumstances. My grandmother is in the hospital so I may visit her than fly and that would go for the whole weekend too…

We’ll see if I can set up a ULH maybe before going to school, but highly unlikely, and therefore I wish you all a safe flight. Expect it to be crowded, so be careful, maintain safe distance and be respectful of others both in the air and on the ground :)

Gonna fly From KDFW with American 789

Just to clarify it’s in the Night sorry for asking but I’m pretty sure 0600 is 6AM I’m not criticising but I’m just checking

On another note if I’m able to make it I’ll be flying a 777-300ER route from LFTM to ESGG but if I can I’ll do a LFTM-EGLL route if I can make it but it looks like a good event nice 👍

I have a question, will LTBA stop operating in real life?
or will become at the airport only for domestic flights

Every FNF start at 0600Z (6am // UTC-0) and lasts for 24hrs like each day on the ATC Schedule does. Since during these 24 hours it’ll be night somewhere on earth, you will be flying in or out at night time. As most people do some sort of Long Haul to arrive at evening/night and or do a short haul after work. The event also begins at 0600Z to better align with European times. As quite a few months ago, the ATC Schedule was changed from instead beginning on 0000Z to 0600Z.

Any more questions, feel free to PM me :)

Thanks so much I’ll come to the FNF in a Turkish Airlines Boeing 777-300ER

In England its 6:00 am, but you have to convert to your time zone

It takes place for a full 24 hours. Peak traffic times are usually Friday evening in the States

I’ve found Friday evening in Europe to be the peak hours so I usually arrive by the time it is night here and evening in the states, when things seem calmer… ;)

It can be different each week tho :)

USA has about 55% of the If pilots on the community

Cool I’ll be there at 19:30Z GMT (My time)

Gate%20Restriction

Awesome FNF!

Will the update be out for FNF tomorrow? As you guys have a gate restriction image up there.

Stoked for this event, and the possibility of gate restrictions!

Not all 55% fly every FNF though. So the peek hours are usually 1700Z to 2000Z. As I’ve participated in almost every FNF except a few in the past year, there is alot of planes inbound when the evening reaches Europe and slowly continues to North America.

So I expect to arrive at the end of the peek hours tomorrow, if I fly.

It might be. Then again it might not be 🕺🏼

LTBA will stop operating in real life and all flights are being transfered gradually