Friday Night Flight: Island Country @ WIII - 300600ZAUG19

Join us for this week's FNF!

Indonesia is calling! Welcome to our very first Friday Night Flight in Indonesia following our updated global HD scenery. It has been a long time coming for a Friday Night Flight here, and we are all extremely excited!

Indonesia is a stunning and unique nation. It is the world’s biggest island country and is home to the world’s most populous island, Java. The nation also boasts a high level of biodiversity in its many ecosystems and microclimates on each island. Aviation plays a key roll in connecting these many islands. In just 6 years between 2009 and 2014, aviation traffic in the country tripled to just under 100 million passengers a year.

Airports for this week will reflect this amazing diversity in the country. IFATC will open a selection of commercial airports alongside a handful of smaller airports designed for more domestic and local traffic. This will give all pilots the chance to explore the country in any way they wish. There will be no established routes for this week.

As of 2017, how many airlines did Indonesia have?

0 voters

So, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Any
Aircraft: Any
Livery: Any

Airports Main Airports Secondary
HUB WIII Jakarta WARR Juanda
WADD Denpasar
WALL Balikpapan
WIMM Medan
WAAA Makassar
WAHS Semarang
WATT Kupang
WADY Banyuwangi

FNF Event Hours:

Begin - Friday 30th August @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 31st August @ 06:00 ZULU

August 30, 2019August 31, 2019

NOTAMS:

Local flying between airports is prohibited and enforced by ghosting

65 Likes

As promised (or more likely hinted… still promised), Misha delivers a beautiful FNF in Indonesia for us to participate in ❤️

18 Likes

I recommend visiting Denpasar, promise you won’t be disappointed 😉

25 Likes

@MishaCamp what is meant by local flying? Am I not allowed to fly from a secondary airport to Jakarta? Or what do you mean?

2 Likes

Thank you for your recommendation

4 Likes

No, that means that you can’t fly from an airport at 5nm from WIII to WIII.

3 Likes

~40nm, even flying from this distance can cause some separation isses, but as a general rule on busy airspaces, don’t fly from airports close to the main hub.

6 Likes

Really nice friday night flight. Cant come this time but I hope everyone that does enjoyed

1 Like

Would you get ghosted on the Casule Service and Traning Service or just Expert Service

2 Likes

Just on expert, you can’t get ghosted in casual nor by ATC in training server.

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up

1 Like

You can’t get ghosted on casual or training. If I were you I wouldn’t bother doing it on casual or training because while it says all servers no one does it on those servers

6 Likes

nice i will fly from KJFK whit Delta 787 to WIII taking off in about 3 hours 👍

1 Like

The only ghost you can get on the Training Server is from 5 violations or a moderator of the Training Server ghosting you. The Casual Server is basically, simply put, solo on steroids.

10 Likes

There will be a few people there but if you want busy airports you’re way better off in egll or klax on training and casual

2 Likes

😂🤣😂🤣

oh dear…

9 Likes

So it’s ok to fly from a secondary airport to the main one?

2 Likes

Yes that’s totally fine. :)

2 Likes

Ok because I got already downgraded because of a dumb thing I did and I don’t want to risk it again only for a unimportant thing like that…
Thank you for clearing up the question! Have a great one
~Maximilian

4 Likes