Friday Night Flight - Irma Evac @ KFLL - 081730ZSEP17

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Friday Night Flight:
Irma Evac

With Hurricane Irma heading towards the Miami region, we stay in the SoFlo this week to reposition aircraft from the southern parts of Florida up to the “safe zone” (simulated of course) of Clearwater (KPIE) and Lakeland (KLAL). To keep it even more interesting, there will not be any Bravo airports open with Live ATC frequencies (on Expert Server). Also, this is a general aviation and business jet themed event. No heavies will be allowed and no airliners preferred. Please follow the event details. C-130s allowed to assist in Evac. TFRs will be active. Come out and help reposition these aircraft out of the southern part of Florida. The weather should make this event interesting and entertaining.

Post your best screenshots for a chance to have it shared on our Official Infinite Flight Instagram page at http://instagram.com/infiniteflight

Region: SoFlo

NOTAMS:
NO PATTERN WORK AT FIELDS WITH ACTIVE ATC DURING FNF PEAK HOURS!
(Pattern work at controller’s discretion based on airport traffic conditions outside of peak hours)
Follow all ATC instructions (when available).
Ghosting will be enforced.

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)
Airport: KFLL
Aircraft: Any General Aviation, Corporate Jet, or C-130

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 09/08 @ 17:30 ZULU (10:30am PDT)
End - Saturday 09/09 @ 9:30 ZULU (2:30am PDT)

Be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in SoFlo!!

Happy and Safe Landings!

59 Likes

Sounds fun, too bad I’m not an Expert at IF
So I’ll be in TS1 tomorrow

5 Likes

I’ll try and make it, got allot in my plate with the hurricane. Thing is looking scary especially for us in Miami. Great idea Mark, love seeing non trash hauler events!

6 Likes

Hmmmm what does this mean?

6 Likes

Temporary Flight Restriction, just to prevent certain aircraft, like 747’s flying here. Disobey it, enjoy the harsh punishments. Some TFR examples is when Trump goes golfing. A prime example on IF is the ‘Temporary’ Flight Restriction in Denver, preventing 757’s+ trying to land on impossible runways and through impractical turns

12 Likes

What about the burma? Mark could we may be have an event on that please ?

2 Likes

Great idea Mark. As an Evac are C-17’s included like the C130 or are they covered under the ‘trashauler’ blanket?

3 Likes

Mark, that would be a great Event for the Securite Civil ?

3 Likes

It would be cool that a group passes the baton (the Pax so they could get to safety quicker

4 Likes

Can the ACJ be flown?

USCG-IFVA Will be there helping all night. USCG0201

4 Likes

Looks like a fun event - will join and of course follow the rules for this event.

Out of curiosity, what happens when there is a temporary flight restriction? Does this prevent pilots spawning in 747’s etc? Otherwise pilots may join without being aware of the restrictions as not everyone will read this thread.

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of fun,

unfortunately my cousins are in the catastrophic path of hurricane Irma…

1 Like

hope they keep safe. HAve just had colleagues ride out the storm south of Guadeloupe

2 Likes

Do the 737BBJ and A318 ACJ count as non-airlines?

The A318 is considered an ACJ with several liveries… as well as the 737 BBJ…they should be allowed… don’t know if the 737-900 BBJ will be allowed though !!!

Expect to see Fozzie Bear and his motley crew all over the region…don’t try to taxi on the blue colored land like you did in training on casual though…unless you have visible virtual pontoons !!!

3 Likes

On my way down to KFLL right now, in my Fedex C208 to evacuate some animals. 🐶 🐱

2 Likes

I will be down, take the c-130 out for a spin. got 1 hour to prep. (time for some coffee)