Friday Night Flight: Hawaii Bound! @ PHNL - 290600ZMAR19

I may fly down from KSFO.

1 Like

Looking forward to this one! Hopefully people focus on flying to the islands rather than to LAX/SFO.

Can’t wait either way.

3 Likes

Hawaii! May do a flight from the coast.

3 Likes

Yea! I’m gonna hop between the islands I think in the 717

1 Like

It would be nice, but i can’t emagine it beeing allowed in Expert Server…

2 Likes

@Jakub_Astary Sure it’s allowed. Just expect the service to be quite busy as there will be a lot of folks trying to get in and out of the controlled fields. It might be good to check out some of the other unique airports there within the island chain. Midway Atoll (PMDY) is a nice place to check out if you’re looking for something unique. Probably a 2:30hr flight Northwest of PHNL.

@Flying_Pencil Welcome! Glad to have you with us! Just to address your response to Jakub, its permitted on the Expert Server. However there are a few things to consider. One of the things that makes it challenging for controllers is when folks depart 20nm from an airport and try to get into the FNF airport expecting the same quality of service. While the controllers try their best to accommodate all pilots, this sort of flying makes it a real challenge. A good rule of thumb is to depart beyond a 50nm or even 75nm range to ensure proper separation and spacing with other inbounds. We as pilots should try to give the controllers enough time to get everyone sorted out so that we can make it to our destination. 🙂

6 Likes

I might do KJFK to PHNL in ‘Murican 787-9

1 Like

Flight update, LAX to PHNL National Charter Service 788

1 Like

I might do KJFK-PHNL or NZAA-PHNL.I am getting tired of LAX and SFO

4 Likes

Very great FNF! I really like flying to Hawaii!

3 Likes

Inbound to PHNL from KPHL tonight. :)

2 Likes

I’ll be in Hilton Head (Spirng break) but it looks great as always!

2 Likes

What time is it in EDT (Not good at converting Zulu time)

1 Like

It starts at 1PM EDT and will finish at 1PM EDT the next day! :)

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ll be attending

1 Like

Might fly KEWR-PHNL

1 Like

I don’t care if KSFO would get featured
It’s really sad though

I’m still going to be involving SJC in this (if I do attend)

1 Like

going to be good!

1 Like

On my first flight to Honolulu already. Will be there 6 hours time

3 Likes