Friday Night Flight - Gran Canaria Gala @ GCLP - 111730ZMAY18

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Friday Night Flight:
Gran Canaria Gala

It is time for some different scenery. So this week, he head to the Canary Islands featuring Gran Canaria (GCLP) as the main airport. Come out and and fly one of the established routes to different featured islands airports in the Dash 8, make some longer flights in 737 or A321, or simply do some island hopping in a 208, 172, or Cirrus. Whichever you choose, this should be a great event with a nice change of scenery with the featured area. Definitely a great chance for some spectacular screenshots! A TFR will be in effect restricting aircraft no larger than a B737 or A321).

Post your best screenshots on Instagram and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. NOTE: All screenshots must be clean (without HUD, tags, etc), and all settings on HIGH to be considered. Simply tag us using @Infinite_Flight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight, #fridaynightflight, #grancanariagala

Established Routes:

GCLP - LPMA / Dash 8
GCLP TFN PITAB GOSGA LPMA
310 nm / 1 hr or less

GCLP - LPMA - LPPD / Dash 8
GCLP TFN FUSUL 3419N 3725N LPPD
848 nm / 2.5 hrs

GCLP - GVAC / Dash 8
GCLP DEREV DKH 2117N PE 1821N GVAC
856 NM / 2.5 hrs

GCLP - LEMD / Ryanair 737 or Iberia A321 or AirEuropa E195
GCLP BETAN ODAXA ARROS DOPEN LEMD
973 nm / 2.5 hrs

GCLP - EDDK / TUI 737
GCLP BETAN SULAM LISGU SOMOS SOPOK EDDK
1745 nm / 4 hrs

GCLP - LIRF / Vueling A320
GCLP BETAN GOVAS TARIK DOLIS TINTO LIRF
1589 nm / 3.5 hrs

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)
Airport: GCLP
Aircraft: Props and Medium Range Airliners (See NOTAMS)

NOTAMS: NO AIRCRAFT LARGER THAN B737 OR A321
NO PATTERN WORK AT FIELDS WITH ACTIVE ATC DURING FNF PEAK HOURS!
(Pattern work at controller’s discretion based on airport traffic conditions outside of peak hours)
Follow all ATC instructions (when available).
Ghosting will be strictly enforced, especially for aircraft exceeding the restrictions (TFR).

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 05/11 @ 17:30 ZULU (10:30am PDT)
End - Saturday 05/12 @ 09:30 ZULU (2:30am PDT)

Be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in during this week’s FNF!!

Happy and Safe Landings!

58 Likes

I will be looking forward to this. I love Island hopping for FNF!

1 Like

Great FNF, i cant wait !

1 Like

Exciting! I haven’t been to the Canary Islands in a while now.
Time to hit the Paradise Beach, i mean land not literally gonna hit the place. It’s not like i’m gonna dive bomb plane to get down to earth… 😜 And i’m not landing on the beach either, although that’d be a shortcut to my initial destination ;)

This one real gem/hotspot for Sweds, definitely flying SAS there tomorrow ;)

4 Likes

I’m so looking forward to this! I’ll probably do a mix of prop and jets flights around the islands and to LPMA.

Interesting! I’ll try to make it there, hope to see some traffic.

I’m pre-sorry for the controllers who will almost certainly be turning away heavies en masse.

3 Likes

I will be doing the connection flight! So service to GCLP will remain open the entire Friday, correct?

As it‘s the featured Airport, we will try to remain it open

1 Like

In fact, Air Europa operates some of their flights between GCLP and LEMD using B787 and A330.

1 Like

Gonna be heading down from Gatwick. See you at around 9pm.
Callsign kestrel 480

He said in the OP there cant be anything bigger than a 737/A321. So the 787/A330 is no good im afraid

I plan on doing most if not all of the given routes!😄

Awesome! I can log some hours for BAVA expect me at 1700 ZULU from heathrow

1 Like

I know, I just wanted to point out that the airport is able to handle the B787 or the A330.

1 Like

Why not the 787/757??? I mean airliners fly them To GCLP all the time

3 Likes

LPMA Airport open (Expert Server)!

Sourced from Wikipedia

Cristiano Ronaldo Madeira International Airport, also known as Madeira Airport (Portuguese: Aeroporto da Madeira), or Funchal Airport (Aeroporto do Funchal) (IATA: FNC, ICAO: LPMA), is an international airport in the civil parish of Santa Cruz, in the Portuguese archipelago and autonomous region of Madeira. The airport is located 13.2 km (8.2 mi) east-northeast of the regional capital Funchal after which it is sometimes informally named. It mostly hosts flights to European metropolitan destinations due to the importance of Madeira as a leisure destination and is pivotal in the movement of cargo in and out of the archipelago of Madeira. It is the fourth busiest airport in Portugal. The airport is named after Madeiran football player Cristiano Ronaldo.

Airlines and Destinations

Airlines Destinations
Air Europa Bilbao, Madrid
Austrian Airlines Vienna (S)
Azores Airlines Ponta Delgada
British Airways London Gatwick
Brussels Airlines Brussels
easyJet Bristol, Lisbon, London Gatwick, Manchester, Porto
Finnair Helsinski
Iberia Madrid (S)
Jet2.com Belfast–International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds/Bradford, London–Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle upon Tyne
Lufthansa Frankfurt, Munich (S)
TUI Airways Birmingham, Exeter, Glasgow, London–Gatwick, Manchester, Bournemouth (S), East Midlands (S), London–Luton (S)
Vueling Barcelona (S)

LPMA is a very busy airport and was ranked as the ninth most dangerous airport in the world and the third most dangerous in Europe! Find out more information about LPMA above using the Wikipedia link.

Hope to see you there soon, safe landings!

6 Likes

I already see many ghostings in the near future! 🤦🏽‍♂️

6 Likes

Finally! Need to go eat breakfast, then I’m off. ;)