Friday Night Flight - Day Of The Cargo Pilot

Friday Night Flight - Day Of The Cargo Pilot

This week’s Friday Night Flight (FNF) will take place in the Southern California region. As many can imagine, being a cargo pilot can bring extremely long work days. This week we dive into a new level of realism as we simulate a full day’s work as a cargo pilot. The day starts with a commute to work before hopping in your your cargo plane to haul goods to San Diego and ending with a night flight home!

We will be using IF Procedures (SEE NOTAM for all instructions and routes) for all legs to provide an organized and realistic experience. For the event, these routes will be the ONLY authorized routes in the region. The commute and final leg have user choices available, so choose your own adventure! Full ATC will be available to implement and assist with procedures. Failure to follow instructions will lead to ghosting. It is recommended you take notes on the procedures or save on a second device. For added realism, follow the weight and time of day recommendations.

Full ATC Advanced server services will be on hand to keep everybody on schedule. You are welcome to copy the same procedures on the ATC Playground or Free Flight Servers.

NOTAM - 9/25/2015 Southern California FNF Procedures

9 full hours to join and enjoy this event.

An ALL servers event. You can choose your level of participation by selecting the server you want.

• Free Flight Server - No violations. Very relaxed environment.

• ATC Playground Server - Violations apply, no ATC Ghosting. Try your best.

• ATC Advanced Server - All violations and rules are strictly enforced. Serious pilots fly here. Be Sure to read the NOTAM for special conditions. Take notes and have them handy or use a second device for the flight instructions.

Feel free to participate any time during the start and stop times.

• Friday September 25th 2015

• Event Start Time - 07:30 ZULU (12:30PM PDT)

• Event End Time - 03:30 ZULU (Saturday 26th ) or (8:30PM PDT)

• Region Of The Week: Southern California

• Objectives: Follow the flight plan from the link in the NOTAM above for full flight details and plans.

• Aircraft type: All Cargo Planes Welcome.

Nest weeks FNF October 2nd will extend another 6 hours to accommodate more time zones.

Share your event experiences and photos. Stay tuned for more creative and realistic event scenarios.

7 Likes

This is not the place to advertise…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Is Matt allowed to come with an A320 anyways :p ?

1 Like

PEOPLE plz try to fly on the advanced server if you can thx. Its really fun and you get the serious feel, plus this is the only time a bunch of advanced ATC will be on and it will be fun for them and for us

1 Like

Thank you for extending FNF hours to accommodate more time zones!!

4 Likes

yay i can finally fly the 777-2f for a reason!!!

Can’t wait should be a great flight, let’s hope everyone behaves themselves this week,
Also hope to see some devs out amongst the crowd,

I will be there ATC playground

My first expirence of ATC

Only fly advanced if you actually can fly with advanced server rules. We don’t want trolls there.

1 Like

@DIsraelFDS could we make these a solid day event the 0730Z to 0330Z. I can never make it anymore I don’t get off work before 0330Z.

1 Like

Just started. Making notes of NOTAM and going on to the advanced server to do the flight.

Ok. I’m starting there.

1 Like

Actually my plan is to extend the FNF by 6 more hours starting next week.

2 Likes

Sweet right on I’m always so bummed when i get home and it’s over.

1 Like