Friday Night Flight Community Choice - Poll CLOSED!

📦 KMEM - Memphis International Airport 📦

• Largest Cargo facility in the United States
  • Second largest cargo facility in the world behind Hong Kong VHHH
  • Home of the 164th Airlift wing of the Tennessee Air National Guard operating the C17 Globemaster
  • Home of Elvis Presley 🎸

Back in 1929 Memphis Municipal airport was a plot of farmland dedicated to just under 200 acres which would now be the home of Memphis International Airport. Durning World War II, Memphis was used quite heavily when sending aircraft overseas. It wasn’t until 1969 that Memphis Municipal became Memphis International Airport. With a new passenger terminal build in the 1960s passengers from Delta, American, Delta, Eastern, Southern and a few more, were sure to love this new destination. After all Memphis is know for its rock ‘n’ roll, rhythm and blues, and the world renown Elvis Presley.

It wasn’t until the early 1970s that Federal Express now Fedex made its base of operations out of Memphis International. The term “superhub” was coined by Fedex after creating the largest of hubs known to the aviation industry back in the 1980s. Fedex seemed to have made the right choice in choosing Memphis as home.

Today, Fedex still operates out of Memphis heavily and all around the world. Whether you’re in-love with cargo operators such as Fedex or UPS, Memphis is a short hop to Louisville HUB of UPS. Memphis has multiple airline operators who serve this beautiful and history filled airport.

Passenger Airlines: netting about 4.5 million pax/year

• Air Canada
  • Allegiant
  • American
  • Delta
  • Frontier
  • Southern Airways Express (my favorite)
  • United
  • Via Air

Cargo Airlines:

• Fedex
  • Fedex Feeder
  • DHL
  • UPS

I took this in Memphis. This is the result of you getting the right of way over a heavy. Fedex was told to give way to us

38 Likes

Dublin Airport

2 Likes

Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” - LGAV

source: wikipedia

Qualitative Reasons:
Situated on the Mediterranean Coast, nestled amongst the the beautiful mountainous landscape of Greece, Athens International Airport offers a Gateway to numerous spots scattered throughout the countless islands and coastal cities of the Mediterranean. Whether you’d like to climb out to FL360 and head back towards Europe, FL370 on your way to the Far East, or island hop at 5,500MSL - Athens has the flight for you. Take in the gorgeous scenery and escape to the Mediterranean - live a little.

Quantitative Qualifications:
4 Ground Frequencies
3 Tower Frequencies
7 Radar Frequencies
2 Runways
more gates than need be counted (but 159 if you’re curious)

9 Likes

Edinburgh Airport (EGPH)

svg

Why choose Edinburgh

Edinburgh is an amazing airport with a lot of route options to choose from and I believe it doesn’t get as many people as it should so this would be a great opportunity for FNF

About the Airport

download

8 Likes

Indira Ghandi International Airport(VIDP)

• 3 runways
    • 9/27-9229 ft
    • 10/28-12500 ft
    • 11/29-14534 ft
  • multiple frequencies
  • numerous taxiways
  • 238 gates capable of handling any aircraft
    • 3 terminals
    • Military gates
    • Cargo gates
    • GA gates
  • Busiest and Biggest airport in India

VIDP is the busiest, and largest airport in India. A total of just under 70 million passengers were transported through VIDP last year, with 500,000 aircraft movements. Just over 1 million tons of cargo were transported through VIDP in 2018. VIDP serves as a major hub for 6 different airlines, including India’s national carrier, Air India, while also serving 80 other airlines. The airport has received numerous records, including the worlds best airport in 2015. It has been a while since a FNF in Southeast Asia and it would be nice to see one again. The region surrounding has beautiful scenery and is suitable for short haul flights to close destinations.

10 Likes

ENGM
And only flying in Norway please

2 Likes

I agree with you, I’d love to see Zurich.

1 Like

CLT. Why it is smack dab in the middle of JFK which is the second busiest airport on IF. Only an hour and change away from MIA. Only a 45 minute flight to DCA. Also, show some love to the biggest airline in the world AA. LUV MY COMPANY AAL FOR LIFE.

1 Like

Philadelphia International Airport (KPHL)

The airport has service to destinations in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East. As of summer 2018, there are flights from the airport to 133 total destinations, including 97 domestic and 36 international destinations.

The airport is the main Northeast hub for American Airlines and a regional cargo hub for UPS Airlines. Philadelphia International Airport is also a focus city for ultra low-cost airline Frontier.

It’s first and only FNF was back in December of 2018.

The Flying Egyptian landing on runway 08 over the terminals (highly unrealistic but very cool). He hit a bridge on crosswind.

14 Likes

you lost me there at the end

(sent jovially)

1 Like

L

LPIA is the biggest airport in the Bahamas it is also the busiest airport in the Bahamas. LPIA is also listed as the fourth busiest airport in the Caribbean while it had a record breaking numbers with 3.7 million passengers for the first quarter in 2019. (ICAO) MYNN has multiple runways 14,32 ,09. This airport has services from International flights along with domestic flights. This airport is know as the gateway to the Bahamas with direct flights from U.S. London China Canada Spain etc… LPIA is equipped to accompany large aircraft’s to the smallest of aircraft’s. Flying into the Bahamas the scenery is breathtaking with Crystal blue clear waters and hundreds of islands and Cays. LPIA should be the choice for Bff this week.

2 Likes

Miami International Airport (KMIA)
Two-Commercial-Jets-Collide-At-Miami-International-Airport
Why Miami?
Miami isnt often featured for FNF so it would be nice to have KMIA featured becuase it has sufficent runways (makes life easier for controllers) and it has a senic takeoff from the 8R/L and a senic landing from 26R/L.It has all
freqenciesATIS,Tower,ground,Approach and Departure.It islocated on 3,230 acres and has a total of 8 usable runways.It is the third busiest for international passengers.MIA has 132 gates (Sufficent for heavy traffic).MIA has a 4 star rating.Sufficent runway size too:

9-27: 13,016 feet
8R 26L: 10,506 feet
12/30: 9,355 feet
8L-26R: 8,600 feet
6 Likes

RJCC, Sapporo New Chitose Airport. It has four runways and large parking and should be, with Tokyo Haneda as the airport of the week, a great choice for a great event!

I have a couple of suggestions for my two local airports.

Dublin Airport, Ireland (EIDW)

Credits located in picture via Jetphotos.

About the Airport:
As a hub for Aerlingus and Ryanair, this holds the heart of Ireland’s busiest airport. Dublin Airport is located approximately 10km north from the Center of Dublin City. This major airport is operated by the DAA (Dublin Airport Authority). Last year the airport resulted accompanying 13.5 Million passengers throughout the entire year, making it the airport’s busiest year ever. This is the 13th busiest airport in Europe.
This airport operates short, medium and long hauls into Europe and the rest of the World.
For the short hauls, the airport focuses in airports in the UK and the rest of Ireland with Stobart Air.
For the Medium hauls, the airport focuses on airports in the rest of the Europe.
For the Long hauls, the airport focuses on airports in North America, Middle East ans East Asia.
Dublin airport is the hub of AerLingus and Ryanair. Two of one of the most recognised Airlines in EU.

About Dublin Airport:

Aerlingus:

Ryanair:

Why is this Airport a good choice for the FNF:

• First off there is an unbelievable amount of choices for any destinations you can make out or into Dublin. As for Aerlingus and Ryanair, it focuses on destinations into the full European Continent.

• Second of all, the Airport is located at the very end, west of Europe. That makes easy access into both the United States and Europe.

• Lastly a good variety of Aircraft choice. Nearly all aircraft may be used for this event except the lack of Double Decker 4 engined ones. The largest operable aircrafts is the Boeing 777-3, Boeing 787 and Airbus A330.

FNF Additional Information For EIDW:

• This Airport Contains Two Cross Runways, where 28 is the longest used the most often, also depending on winds. A new “North” Runway will be used in the future as it is under construction.

• Airport is split into two Terminals. Both have plenty of parking space, as this is an international airport. T1 is an older Airport used mainly for Ryanair and some local flights. T2 is a newer Terminal used for other airlines and Aerlingus, focusing on Long hauls into the US and Mid-East.

FEATURED THEME:
AerLingus VS Ryanair.

Routing information found on my previous events for Ryanair, Aerlingus and other Airlines:

My next FNF Suggestion:

Warsaw Chopin Airport (EPWA)

About Warsaw Chopin Airport:

• Welcome to Poland! The official hub of LOT Polish Airlines, carried of up to 17.7 Million passengers in the Year 2018. This Makes this Airport the busiest Airport in the newer EU Member states. Secured by the Polish Airport Authority.

About Warsaw Airport:

About LOT Polish Airlines:

Why is this Airport a good choice for the FNF:

• Located I’m the Eastern side of Europe it connects into a variety of connections into Europe, Russian and Siberia, Asia and the United States.

• This would wake up the LOT’s Airline and Fleet, making people fly this Airline into various of Awesome destinations including Long hauls with the Boeing 787.

FEATURED THEME:
LOT Airline Fly Destinations.

For the Routing information and destinations visit my future event starting in the following months:

Additional Information:

• This Airport consists of Two Cross Runways, with runway 33 used the Most often, also depending on the wind heading.

• It has plenty of Parking Space, continuing two Terminal with up to more than 100 spaces, including Cargo for the UPS.

EPWA Has Not yet been featured into the FNF Before.

9 Likes

Would love to see Mauritius because it is a volcanic, tropical and beautiful island and if the a350 comes with a air Mauritius livery then it would make it all the lot more great

1 Like

Hello.

I’d like to suggest O.R Tambo International Airport (FAOR). As South Africa and Africa’s biggest and busiest airport, I believe it will be an interesting airport to fly in and out of for all of us.

Possible pairings:

FAOR- FALE (King Shaka International Airport)
FAOR- FACT (Cape Town International Airport- the 11th busiest air route with around 33708 flights per year)
FALE- FACT

4 Likes

My favorit airport!

Its probably to small but I would like EHTE (Teuge International Airport). EHTE is a small airport near my home town (Apeldoorn) in the Netherlands. I would love to fly out this airport with loads of GA and a fun fact it never got live ATC! So I hope this airport gets loads of traffic at the FNF. :D
(Picture from Google maps)
Thanks!

2 Likes

Tampa International Airport.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (EHAM)

Amsterdam Schiphol has tons of destinations and is one of the biggest main hubs in Europe. This airport uses a large variety in runways. It counts 6 runways!! Many airliners come here from all over the world. It’s world’s eleventh busiest airport in such a little country: 🇳🇱The Netherlands🇳🇱

Why not this airport? It would be awesome to see this beautiful airport full packed in Infinite Flight.

8 Likes

Manchester Airport (EGCC)
We have never had this Airport for an FNF and it’s also my home Airport.
The airport comprises three passenger [terminals] and a goods terminal, and is the only airport in the UK other than to operate two runways over 3,280 yd (2,999 m) in length. Manchester Airport covers an area of 560 hectares (1,400 acres) and has flights to 199 destinations, placing the airport thirteenth globally for total destinations served.

4 Likes