Friday Night Flight Community Choice - Poll CLOSED!

Philadelphia International Airport (KPHL)

The airport has service to destinations in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and the Middle East. As of summer 2018, there are flights from the airport to 133 total destinations, including 97 domestic and 36 international destinations.

The airport is the main Northeast hub for American Airlines and a regional cargo hub for UPS Airlines. Philadelphia International Airport is also a focus city for ultra low-cost airline Frontier.

It’s first and only FNF was back in December of 2018.

The Flying Egyptian landing on runway 08 over the terminals (highly unrealistic but very cool). He hit a bridge on crosswind.

14 Likes

you lost me there at the end

(sent jovially)

1 Like

L

LPIA is the biggest airport in the Bahamas it is also the busiest airport in the Bahamas. LPIA is also listed as the fourth busiest airport in the Caribbean while it had a record breaking numbers with 3.7 million passengers for the first quarter in 2019. (ICAO) MYNN has multiple runways 14,32 ,09. This airport has services from International flights along with domestic flights. This airport is know as the gateway to the Bahamas with direct flights from U.S. London China Canada Spain etc… LPIA is equipped to accompany large aircraft’s to the smallest of aircraft’s. Flying into the Bahamas the scenery is breathtaking with Crystal blue clear waters and hundreds of islands and Cays. LPIA should be the choice for Bff this week.

2 Likes

Miami International Airport (KMIA)
Two-Commercial-Jets-Collide-At-Miami-International-Airport
Why Miami?
Miami isnt often featured for FNF so it would be nice to have KMIA featured becuase it has sufficent runways (makes life easier for controllers) and it has a senic takeoff from the 8R/L and a senic landing from 26R/L.It has all
freqenciesATIS,Tower,ground,Approach and Departure.It islocated on 3,230 acres and has a total of 8 usable runways.It is the third busiest for international passengers.MIA has 132 gates (Sufficent for heavy traffic).MIA has a 4 star rating.Sufficent runway size too:

9-27: 13,016 feet
8R 26L: 10,506 feet
12/30: 9,355 feet
8L-26R: 8,600 feet
6 Likes

RJCC, Sapporo New Chitose Airport. It has four runways and large parking and should be, with Tokyo Haneda as the airport of the week, a great choice for a great event!

I have a couple of suggestions for my two local airports.

Dublin Airport, Ireland (EIDW)

Credits located in picture via Jetphotos.

About the Airport:
As a hub for Aerlingus and Ryanair, this holds the heart of Ireland’s busiest airport. Dublin Airport is located approximately 10km north from the Center of Dublin City. This major airport is operated by the DAA (Dublin Airport Authority). Last year the airport resulted accompanying 13.5 Million passengers throughout the entire year, making it the airport’s busiest year ever. This is the 13th busiest airport in Europe.
This airport operates short, medium and long hauls into Europe and the rest of the World.
For the short hauls, the airport focuses in airports in the UK and the rest of Ireland with Stobart Air.
For the Medium hauls, the airport focuses on airports in the rest of the Europe.
For the Long hauls, the airport focuses on airports in North America, Middle East ans East Asia.
Dublin airport is the hub of AerLingus and Ryanair. Two of one of the most recognised Airlines in EU.

About Dublin Airport:

Aerlingus:

Ryanair:

Why is this Airport a good choice for the FNF:

• First off there is an unbelievable amount of choices for any destinations you can make out or into Dublin. As for Aerlingus and Ryanair, it focuses on destinations into the full European Continent.

• Second of all, the Airport is located at the very end, west of Europe. That makes easy access into both the United States and Europe.

• Lastly a good variety of Aircraft choice. Nearly all aircraft may be used for this event except the lack of Double Decker 4 engined ones. The largest operable aircrafts is the Boeing 777-3, Boeing 787 and Airbus A330.

FNF Additional Information For EIDW:

• This Airport Contains Two Cross Runways, where 28 is the longest used the most often, also depending on winds. A new “North” Runway will be used in the future as it is under construction.

• Airport is split into two Terminals. Both have plenty of parking space, as this is an international airport. T1 is an older Airport used mainly for Ryanair and some local flights. T2 is a newer Terminal used for other airlines and Aerlingus, focusing on Long hauls into the US and Mid-East.

FEATURED THEME:
AerLingus VS Ryanair.

Routing information found on my previous events for Ryanair, Aerlingus and other Airlines:

My next FNF Suggestion:

Warsaw Chopin Airport (EPWA)

About Warsaw Chopin Airport:

• Welcome to Poland! The official hub of LOT Polish Airlines, carried of up to 17.7 Million passengers in the Year 2018. This Makes this Airport the busiest Airport in the newer EU Member states. Secured by the Polish Airport Authority.

About Warsaw Airport:

About LOT Polish Airlines:

Why is this Airport a good choice for the FNF:

• Located I’m the Eastern side of Europe it connects into a variety of connections into Europe, Russian and Siberia, Asia and the United States.

• This would wake up the LOT’s Airline and Fleet, making people fly this Airline into various of Awesome destinations including Long hauls with the Boeing 787.

FEATURED THEME:
LOT Airline Fly Destinations.

For the Routing information and destinations visit my future event starting in the following months:

Additional Information:

• This Airport consists of Two Cross Runways, with runway 33 used the Most often, also depending on the wind heading.

• It has plenty of Parking Space, continuing two Terminal with up to more than 100 spaces, including Cargo for the UPS.

EPWA Has Not yet been featured into the FNF Before.

9 Likes

Would love to see Mauritius because it is a volcanic, tropical and beautiful island and if the a350 comes with a air Mauritius livery then it would make it all the lot more great

1 Like

Hello.

I’d like to suggest O.R Tambo International Airport (FAOR). As South Africa and Africa’s biggest and busiest airport, I believe it will be an interesting airport to fly in and out of for all of us.

Possible pairings:

FAOR- FALE (King Shaka International Airport)
FAOR- FACT (Cape Town International Airport- the 11th busiest air route with around 33708 flights per year)
FALE- FACT

4 Likes

My favorit airport!

Its probably to small but I would like EHTE (Teuge International Airport). EHTE is a small airport near my home town (Apeldoorn) in the Netherlands. I would love to fly out this airport with loads of GA and a fun fact it never got live ATC! So I hope this airport gets loads of traffic at the FNF. :D
(Picture from Google maps)
Thanks!

2 Likes

Tampa International Airport.

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (EHAM)

Amsterdam Schiphol has tons of destinations and is one of the biggest main hubs in Europe. This airport uses a large variety in runways. It counts 6 runways!! Many airliners come here from all over the world. It’s world’s eleventh busiest airport in such a little country: 🇳🇱The Netherlands🇳🇱

Why not this airport? It would be awesome to see this beautiful airport full packed in Infinite Flight.

8 Likes

Manchester Airport (EGCC)
We have never had this Airport for an FNF and it’s also my home Airport.
The airport comprises three passenger [terminals] and a goods terminal, and is the only airport in the UK other than to operate two runways over 3,280 yd (2,999 m) in length. Manchester Airport covers an area of 560 hectares (1,400 acres) and has flights to 199 destinations, placing the airport thirteenth globally for total destinations served.

4 Likes
  1. Wien Schwechart/LOWW
    2)There is great scenery around and every big airport in Europe is only 3 hours away!
1 Like

Do Copenhagen Kastrup airport (CPH) as it has a nice landing and takeoff and has three runways

2 Likes

Guarulhos International Airport (SBGR) Brazil

Is the biggest airport in South America

1 Like

Not this week as I have it planned soon 😉

11 Likes

We should do Cape Town (FACT), Featured Airlines would be Mango, Kulula, and South African Airways. We have not had a lot of FNF in south Africa and I think we should appreciate the views of the beaches and landscape in South Africa.

I’ve pitched this airport last time, but I think it’s such a great and fun airport that it deserves another chance :)

WMKK - Kuala Lumpur International

Why?

The Kuala Lumpur International Airport (or KLIA) is becoming the Heathrow of Asia. It’s position in Asia has allowed it to grow in the aviation industry, which was especially fueled by the establishment of AirAsia in 1993. AirAsia has become the second largest carrier in Asia according to WorldAtlas, and KLIA is it’s primary hub.

Would it fit FNF traffic?

KLIA would have no issues fitting in FNF traffic volumes. With three parallel runways, two large international terminals and a cargo terminal, this airport has enough capacity to handle an FNF. As for aircraft, KLIA has daily services of the Emirates A380 and is the home to the Malaysian A380s, and it has also had a visit from the AN-225, so it can fit any aircraft you can think of.

How about other routes?

Since this airport is the hub of AirAsia, I propose AirAsia inspired routes to the hubs of AirAsia’s affiliate airlines. These would be:

• VTBD (Bangkok Don Mueang, the hub of Thai AirAsia)
  • WIII (Soekarno–Hatta International Airport in Jakarta, the hub of AirAsia Indonesia)
  • RPLL (Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Manila, the hub of AirAsia Phillipines)
  • VOBL (Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru, the hub of AirAsia India)

That little bit of a personal touch

Those that know me a little bit more here will know I travel around a lot, and I lived in Kuala Lumpur for 1.5 years. It was always a joy for me to fly into KLIA, whether that be with AirAsia or other airlines. I personally love the parallel approaches KLIA uses to runways 32L and 33, and I believe replicating something similar in IF would be amazing.

Procedures

Last but not least, official procedures. You can grab the aerodrome chart, ground movement chart, SIDs, STARs and much more from the Malay AIP here.

– Jakub

4 Likes

KDTW. Let’s give Detroit some attention.

2 Likes

Just in response to this, it would be really amazing to have a Cargo battle as the FNF…

UPS vs FedEx

KSDF and KMEM

The two largest cargo carriers in the world both have their super hubs close to each other, which makes for tight competition between them. It would be incredible to see the cImmunity simulate this by flying into their preferred carrier’s main hubs or the day.

UPS WorldPort accounts for the vast majority of employment in the city of Louisville, and the area of the worldport spans the size of about 80 football fields. In comparison, Fedex’s Memphis superhub has destinations in nearly 220 countries and territories world wide and has the second largest cargo operations in the world.

Both of these airports’ passenger service pales in comparison to the massive cargo operations.
SDF has only just received its first commercial flight to the west coast, despite UPS flying to all 6 inhabited continents for many years now. FedEx handled almost 10 billion pounds of cargo at Memphis last year, while the airport served only 4 million passengers.

Louisville Airport Airlines

Passenger

• Allegiant
  • American
  • Delta
  • Frontier
  • Southwest
  • United

Cargo

• Air Cargo Carriers
  • Ameriflight
  • FedEx
  • UPS
Memphis Airport Airlines

Passenger

• Air Canada
  • Allegiant
  • American
  • Delta
  • Frontier
  • Southern Airways Exp
  • United
  • VIAAir

Cargo

• DHL
  • FedEx
  • UPS

So which one will you choose? I look forward to the skies being filled with some beautiful cargo aircraft on Friday!

13 Likes