Friday Night Flight - Caribbean Prop Hop

This weeks FNF all servers event introduces the Friday Night Flight event server. This FNF server is for those who want the most realistic experience possible, with heavy focus on the event particulars. Be sure to fully understand the NOTAM specs if you join the FNF event server.

Caribbean Prop Hop! A fun prop aircraft only, performing multiple touch and go operations at several island airports. Flying low and fast from one island to the next with a little bit of a twist at the end of the flight.
For the FNF server the twist at the final leg simulates a “what if?” master warning procedure and landing. How will you perform under pressure?
Be sure to read the NOTAM and understand all aspects. All set in the beautiful watery island region.

Take pictures and enjoy the ride.

All servers are welcome to follow the same tour instructions at a less strict pace.

As a reminder, we have extended FNF event duration another 6 hours. Start times are the same as all past events and will go on an extra 6 hours.

14 full hours to join and enjoy this event.

NOTAM: Important! You must be able to follow the procedures and be in the correct aircraft on the FNF Server. Click HERE for all event procedures.

An ALL servers event. You can choose your level of participation by selecting the server you want.

•Free Flight Server - No violations. Very relaxed environment.

•ATC Playground Server - Violations apply, no ATC Ghosting. Try your best.

•ATC Advanced Server - All violations and rules are strictly enforced. Be sure to check and understand the NOTAM if any are posted.

NEW
• Friday Night Flight Server - Event Only Server - This is similar to Advanced ATC but with additional restrictions. All event procedures and aircraft restrictions are strictly enforced. Only approved route and aircraft are allowed. NOTAM must be followed.

Feel free to participate any time during the start and stop times.

• Friday January 8th 2016

• Event Start Time - 20:30 ZULU (12:30PM PST)

• Event End Time - 10:30 ZULU Saturday January 9th) (2:30AM PST Saturday Jan 9th)

• Region Of The Week: Caribbean

• Aircraft - Propeller Aircraft ONLY

Share your event experiences and photos.

Happy landings

10 Likes

Props are my favorite! Be expecting a spit.
Also, Looking forward to the FNF server:)

1 Like

Exciting! I’m definitely looking forward to this.

Can we touch and go at 2-3 airports and then stop on the FNF server?

I will also stay on flight plan till I land

Going to call on some people who will surely answer my question, which is:

“Can you follow the flight plan for how much ever airports you want,on the FNF server? Example landing on TAPA and de-spawning…”

Seriously, no one answered my above question

@Carson @Tecnam2TA @Laurens

2 Likes

Did a mistake, read the edited version :)

No one can stop you from landing an leaving. I wouldn’t see any issue with this, but this is not my event. @DIsraelFDS, do you care to explain?

1 Like

I don’t believe landing would be an option, because the procedure strictly says that you must do a complete touch and go at each airport. ATC will most likely not let you land. You can, however, leave once you touch the runway.

Landing is not part of the procedure, and he will likely be ghosted if he doesn’t follow it. (Ghosting is severely enforced on the FNF server.)

1 Like

Yes good point I didn’t think of that. ATC won’t let you land and therefore you wouldn’t be able to, going against ATC instructions is a ghost. But as Henrik said, no one can stop you from quitting if you need to.
Thanks Henrik:)

1 Like

Henrik explained it wonderfully. If you have any more questions don’t hesitate to ask:)

1 Like

Thanks @Henrik_B

I personally don’t mind if someone does a full stop at one of the FNF airports, as long as they’re following the route to get there. This flight took me roughly 1 hour when I built the event, so I understand not everyone will have the time to complete it. Simply make TNCM your starting point, and do as much as you can.

As long as the only departures are from TNCM and props only, you’ll be fine. I’m briefing controllers the same tomorrow so I’m hoping for a smooth event. This all helps to keep a bit more order and gives everyone a chance to experience the same FNF. :)

5 Likes

Adding on to that, please choose your “full stop” airport with consideration for others. TAPA and TKPK are great stopping points, where as TNCS and St Barts require a back taxi which could lead to many go arounds for others.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

aw dang i get home in 4 and a half hours. will the FNF server still be up with atc?

@jreilly2311 is there ATC problems? You are at TNCM but no responses from you?

He isn’t actually on. It’s the server playing up

1 Like

Currently 15 aircraft in Take off queue.