Friday Night Flight - Caribbean Prop Hop 2

This weeks FNF all servers event is a “do over” from an earlier event, and will begin 2 hours earlier. The Caribbean Prop Hop was a learning experience and somewhat an experiment. However there were a few issues that caused many pilots to be left out. So let’s do this once more but with less strictly enforced procedures.

Caribbean Prop Hop! A fun prop aircraft only, performing multiple touch and go operations at as many island airports as the pilot can perform. Flying low and fast from one island to the next in an orderly fashion. Or disorderly if you choose the Free Flight server.
There will be no NOTAMs this time. Just fly any prop powered aircraft under 500 feet (AGL) as fast as you can. Fly to as many airports as you can in any order you wish. Perform touch and goes at each airfield visited. If you have the endurance, try to touch every airport in the region.

Take pictures and enjoy the ride.

All servers are welcome to follow the same tour instructions at a less strict pace.

NOTE - Earlier start time!! In addition to previously extending the FNF we will now also welcome you to begin 2 hours earlier.

16 full hours to join and enjoy this event.

NOTAM: None.

An ALL servers event. You can choose your level of participation by selecting the server you want.

•Free Flight Server - No violations. Very relaxed environment.

•ATC Playground Server - Violations apply, no ATC Ghosting. Try your best.

•ATC Advanced Server - All violations and rules are strictly enforced. Attendees are expected to obey ATC, general rules and event requirements. Be sure to check and understand the NOTAM if any are posted.

Feel free to participate any time during the start and stop times.

• Friday January 29th 2016

• Event Start Time - 18:30 ZULU (10:30AM PST)

• Event End Time - 10:30 ZULU Saturday January 30th) (2:30AM PST Saturday Jan 30th)

• Featured Region: Caribbean

• Aircraft - Propeller Aircraft ONLY.

Share your event experiences and photos.

Happy landings

16 Likes

Thank you for not reintroducing FNF server again :D

I´ll definitely come :D

1 Like

I’ll bet Matt will take screenshots with his Dash 8. I want it so badly.

Back on topic: I’ll probably be there.

6 Likes

Awesome, i missed the last one. Im sure i am not going to miss this one

Two questions:

1. Just to be sure to confirm meaning of ‘as fast as you can’, does this mean that top speed will be 250kts as we buzz the deck in transit on advanced server? ‘As fast as you can’ contradicts with ‘all rules are strictly enforced’.

2. Should we climb to TPA when joining the localizers or are we coming in ‘hott and dirty’ on all approaches?

Thanks!

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Comeing in a Cessna 208 caravan

1 Like

If you are in a prop, 250KTS is extremely fast, just stay within the rules of the server and it’ll all be swell. :)

Also, I’d make 'em hot and dirty. :)

1 Like

Will be there for awhile

Thanks for the reply @B767fan! I went into the free flight server with a Spitfire yesterday for practice and let’s just say I was comfortable flying <100ft off the deck at 330kts in my spitfire, hahaha. Extremely fast and dangerous, but no crashes logged.

1 Like

I’m coming, doing London event
tomorrow

Obviously many many of you CAN NOT read !! This is a PROP EVENT !!

5 Likes

Yea I realised that there are so many not in props even misha came in a F-16!

Made a 25 minutes loop (TNCM - TFFG - TFFR - TNCE - TNCS) in the CR25

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

You are probably reported for flying too high. @IFGP_Lare

You were in a prop? Or an ERJ?