Friday Night Flight - Capt. Marlon Green

This weeks FNF honors Black History month with a dedication flight for Capt. Marlon Green.
Capt. Green retired from the U.S. Air Force in 1957. He was denied a pilot position with Continental Airlines based solely on the color of his skin.
He fought 6 years until in 1963 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled to not allow airlines to discriminate in their pilot hiring process.
Capt. Green flew as a Continental Airlines pilot from 1965 for 14 years.
For more details and information please visit this link: http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2010/02/continental_airlines_honors_bl.html

We don’t have any Continental Airlines aircraft. Instead begin anywhere in the Denver region with any generic, corporate, or business aircraft. End the flight at KDEN, Denver International where Capt. Marlon Green spent his last years. He passed in 2009 in Denver Colorado.

Take pictures and enjoy the ride.

All servers are welcome to follow the same tour instructions at a less strict pace.

NOTE - Earlier start time!! In addition to previously extending the FNF we will now also welcome you to begin 2 hours earlier.

16 full hours to join and enjoy this event.

NOTAM: None.

An ALL servers event. You can choose your level of participation by selecting the server you want.

•Free Flight Server - No violations. Very relaxed environment.

•ATC Playground Server - Violations apply, no ATC Ghosting. Try your best.

•ATC Advanced Server - All violations and rules are strictly enforced. Attendees are expected to obey ATC, general rules and event requirements. Be sure to check and understand the NOTAM if any are posted.

Feel free to participate any time during the start and stop times.

• Friday Feb. 5th

• Event Start Time - 18:30 ZULU (10:30AM PST)

• Event End Time - 10:30 ZULU Saturday Feb. 6th) (2:30AM PST Saturday Feb. 6th)

• Featured Region: Denver

• Aircraft - Any generic, business or corporate aircraft. BBJ, ACJ, Citation X etc.

Share your event experiences and photos.

Happy landings
Capt. Marlon Green

29 Likes

Terrific event! I will certainly do my best to be there. Worthy cause. Great planning and event.

It would be nice if we had a relevant aircraft, such as a Golden Jet

6 Likes

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make the event. But I really think you guys nailed this event!

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve been holding on to this one for a while. The timing is finally right. :) see you all in Denver tomorrow.

10 Likes

Very good read.

2 Likes

How ironic is it that I was just reading about him😆

1 Like

United Airlines uses the Continental Airlines livery, their aircraft can be used.
Just imagine Continental logo instead of the one of United.

2 Likes

I will defo make a small C750 trip from Aspen to Denver

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

well note sir

2 Likes

This is what makes IF hands down the best flight sim out there. This community is awesome , FNF is getting better and better. Awesome tribute and as someone else noted, you “nailed” it. Keep up the great work.

7 Likes

2 Likes

Being African American… This truly speaks to the character of the team here. Thanks guys!

5 Likes

4 Likes

I’m just about to take off from Aspen for Denver. I’ve flown to Aspen in real life. The airport is one way in, one way out. Landings are done on 15, departures on 33. This should have been briefed as currently all departures and landings seem to be on 15, which is not how it should be.

1 Like

Always a pleasure to fly in FNF! Well organized and great ATC service, hats off!

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

1 Like