Friday Night Flight - Boeing 747 Anniversary Flight @ KSEA - 091830ZFEB18

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Friday Night Flight:
Boeing 747 Anniversary Flight

Forty nine years ago, the iconic Boeing 747 made its first flight in Seattle. To celebrate this moment in aviation history, we head to Seattle featuring the 747. Come out to KSEA in your favorite 747 and show support for the Queen of the Skies! Whether you do long hauls or shorter flights, this should turn out to be another great event!

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)
Airport: KSEA
Aircraft: Any Boeing 747

NOTAMS: There are no established routes for this week’s event.
NO PATTERN WORK AT FIELDS WITH ACTIVE ATC DURING FNF PEAK HOURS!
(Pattern work at controller’s discretion based on airport traffic conditions outside of peak hours)
Follow all ATC instructions (when available).
Ghosting will be enforced.

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 02/09 @ 18:30 ZULU (10:30am PDT)
End - Saturday 02/10 @ 10:30 ZULU (2:30am PDT)

Be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!! See everyone in Seattle!!

Happy and Safe Landings!

70 Likes

yay :) can’t wait for tommorow :)

1 Like

All hail the Queen of the Skies! Looking forward to seeing the classic beast in complete beauty!

3 Likes

Expect to see me flying all around Northwest U.S Tomorrow on the Expert Server!

1 Like

Think I’m busy tomorrow, but will try for a short flight. KSEA to KBFI is always a quick option. 😉

3 Likes

It’s the 747’s birthday? Had no idea 😂

2 Likes

The 747 has a special place in my heart, in my honest opinion it is the most Iconic aircraft in history, it’s that one aircraft that everyone stares at for a good minute. This aircraft is getting old, sad to see it being retired by most airlines.

I will show up flying the queen, Mark, thank you for this nicely put together FNF. Great effort each and every week to bring us an official event for all to enjoy!

11 Likes

Well, this is a welcome surprise, as I unexpectedly had no knowledge of this event in Aviation history. I’m definitely bringing my trusty Jumbo! Happy Birthday/Anniversary/“Flyday” whatever you name it, 747! Your place in the skies and history has always been the throne of the Queen and also in every aviation enthusiast’s heart.

Kudos to you Mark! The effort you’ve done every week since the last couple years continues to impress. 👍🏻

You’re Welcome

5 Likes

yay! Another American FNF!

4 Likes

Coincidentally, I was planning on doing a Cargolux flight with the 747-8 tomorrow night 😂

3 Likes

Awesome! Will be there, although it is Saturday Morning Flight for me in Australia -_-

3 Likes

Nice! It’s going to be at the airport I travel most often to in real life. It’s not my home airport, but right now I go there from either KSJC (my home airport) or KSFO every other month. Can’t wait to show up tomorrow! You guys just gave me an idea for a long haul flight I can do!

1 Like

Another one at KSEA! My god Mark, thanks so much! :-)

2 Likes

Could this come at a more coincidental time? I was just inside the City of Everett last Sunday. Good stuff.

Notice all the airlines not longer in service on the side.

13 Likes

Some people love it, others don’t

2 Likes

Expect to see me in my Pan am 747-200

2 Likes

I am not a 747 enthusiast nor do I lie about loving the aircraft, but I will fly tomorrow regardless, happy Friday

5 Likes

I will definitely be there! I will be doing a flight from Seattle To San Fran :) (Pan Am 742)

Can’t wait to see this beauty in the air!

1 Like