Friday Night Flight - BEA/British Airways 1st Jet Svc Celebration @ EGLL - 061830ZMAY16

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s FNF Event:
BEA/British Airways First Jet Service Celebration

This week’s all server event is to celebrate the anniversary of BEA/British Airways launching their first jet service between London Heathrow and Glasgow. The flight was made using a De Havilland DH-106 “Comet 4Bs” ion 02MAY1966. Let’s fill up the skies over the London with any British Airways livery and show our appreciation for this iconic airline. (Note: This is not a requirement but simply a suggestion to follow this week’s theme.)

There are no NOTAMS, restrictions, or established routes for this event. Just come out to London Region, fly in your favorite British Airways aircraft (preferred but feel free to fly whatever plane you’d like) from EGLL, EGBB, EGKK, EGLC, or any field you prefer.to another field for a flight around the region. Coordinate with other pilots for formation flights, ramp screenshots, and to just enjoy flying for the love of flying and aviation.

Region: London

NOTAMS: None

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)

Aircraft: Any British Airways (All aircraft are welcome)!

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 5/6 @ 18:30 ZULU (10:30am PST)
End - Saturday 5/7 @ 10:30 ZULU (2:30am PST)

Follow all ATC instructions when available, be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in London! Please share your screenshots!

Happy and Safe Landings!

42 Likes

Liked before I even read it because I knew it was gonna be good

11 Likes

Same! Been to every one!

2 Likes

Thanks guys for your support!!

12 Likes

Im so gonna miss lunch to participate in this. Keep it up Mark, your gonna be as good as Carson. :D

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Nice one, Mark! I will try to combine my flying and controlling. Looking forward!

Looks like fun and I’ll try to be there for the first half of the event

I’ll do my best to turn up. Bye bye exam revision ;D

2 Likes

I think it’s long overdue time for us to organize an air rescue search for David…he probably had a GPS malfunction on his last global flight over the Bermuda Triangle and had to crash land on some uncharted island in the Pacific…probably near the wreck of the USS Minnow…

2 Likes

So do I. In the last two FNF’s I never got out of the tower in order to fly, because it was so much fun controlling on advanced server during FNF. So much traffic, nice! 😎

I’ll be controlling as well. ;) see you all there.

2 Likes

How many hours will event start now ?

Nine hours I believe.

Looking forward to seeing you all there tonight.

1 Like

Anyone up for a flight of 2

Just a friendly heads up: Since it’s after Daylight Savings Time, 18:30 ZULU is now 11:30am PST. Current Time as I post this 10:59AM PST (1759 Zulu).

Alright that explains why there wasn’t that many people on the regular server. Also I’m flying the 757-200 for this and wow is it strange not to fly with the sound of my Dash-8’s rotors. The 757 is extremely quiet even compared to the other jets I fly.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.