Friday Night Flight - BAVA Second Anniversary @ EGLL - 160600ZNOV18

FNF%20BAVA%20Ann%20Header

Join us for this week's FNF:

BAVA Second Anniversary

This Friday marks the second anniversary of one of Infinite Flight’s most vibrant and active virtual airlines. British Airways Virtual Airlines has now been operating for 2 years. In that time, over 10,000 flights have been flown, 55,000 hours logged and the world circumnavigated 600 times. British Airways Virtual is one of the most established and groundbreaking Virtual Airlines within the Infinite Flight Community, breaking barriers since it’s certification two years ago, and even before then as “Speedbird VA”. With over 50 aircraft in their mainline and codeshare fleet, and routes stretching to every continent, the entire world is open to a BAVA pilot.

Matt, the President of BAVA notes:

It’s been my honour to lead British Airways Virtual as president for the last 18 months. The time has flown by and it wouldn’t have been possible without such a great group people we have here. As we approach our second anniversary we are stronger than ever and have plans to grow even further. I feel the unique history of British Airways and appeal of ‘flying the flag for Britain’ draws us into our own special category. I look forward to what the next two or, who knows, even ten years has in store for BAVA.

Matt further invites all those who are interested in joining the virtual airline to follow the application procedure found on their forum thread and website.

To celebrate this awesome achievement, this week’s Friday Night Flight will have established routes based upon the most active and flown routes in the virtual airline. We are lucky to have a host of British Airways liveries here on Infinite Flight, so hop in your favourite and fly these established routes! Infinite Flight staff will be flying them throughout the day, so feel free to join or fly in your own time!

What is your favourite aircraft to fly the British Airways livery on?

• A320 Family
  • A380
  • B747
  • B757/767
  • B772/W
  • B789/X
  • B789
  • Other

0 voters

Post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to have one featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

FNF%20BAVA%202

NOTAMS:

Pattern work at controllers discretion.
Please follow the rules of each server as required.
There are established routes for this event.
Have fun!

Event Details

Server: Any

Airport/s: EGLL / KJFK / LFMN / EGPH / EHAM

Aircraft/Liveries: British Airways

Established Routes:

KJFK - EGLL

KJFK GREKI JUDDS EBONY NEEKO 5400N/5000W 5500N/4000W 5500N/3000W 5300N/2000W LIMRI XETBO EVRIN NEKAP ABDUK NUMPO 5136N/314W OKESI BEDEK NIGIT D273L OCK EGLL

LFMN - EGLL

LFMN NC AMIRO 4413N/632E 4459N/554E NEDRU LTP BULOL 4615N/458E ARDOL BAGBI CHABY LAULY BRY CLM UTELA KOPOR ABNUR DIMAL ALESO 5035N/112E ROTNO ETVAX TIGER D136L BIG EGLL

EGPH - EGLL

EGPH 5553N/339W 5553N/347W 5551N/359W MAVIX GOSAM FENIK LUSIV NAVSO BEBNI 5443N/320W LAKEY NUGRA 5218N/133W TOBID SOPIT 5151N/058W BNN EGLL

EHAM - EGLL

EHAM 5211N/350E GORLO REFSO ULKOK XAMAN LOGAN TRIPO SABER BRASO 5141N/041E 5140N/028E LAM EGLL

FNF Event Hours:

Begin - Friday 16th November @ 06:00 ZULU

End - Saturday 17th November @ 06:00 ZULU

November 16, 2018November 17, 2018

FNF%20BAVA%20Ann%20Footer

72 Likes

Great looking FNF misha!!

5 Likes

Nice to see EGLL busy again!

6 Likes

Amazing FNF Misha! Good choice!

1 Like

This will definitely be exciting to take part in. As an established member of BAVA, it’s great to see that we are being recognised in such a way that we have our own FNF 😂

14 Likes

I will be proud to represent this great VA tomorrow.

6 Likes

I would recommend you to have a closer look at the 2 aircraft-pics

2 Likes

Only your second? Time has blown by fast . Ill definitely show up for this one.

1 Like

As the founder of British Airways Virtual Airline, naturally, this makes me really proud.

Two years ago, British Airways VA was founded on the foundations formed by Speedbird VA and the wider conception of Virtual Airlines across the forum. Virtual Airlines are the best of the IFC, they are central places where we, as aviation and infinite flight enthusiasts come together to celebrate what is best about our love for aviation - Friendship, community and infinite flight!!

I am so very grateful for everyone who has supported British Airways VA since its inception, to the infinite flight (with a special mention to Misha, for his ongoing support) to Matt, President and to everyone past and present, who not only supported BAVA; but Virtual airlines on a whole.

I hope you all enjoy this FNF, I will. I am excited to get back together with not only BAVA, but everyone in the VA community who every day celebrate what is best about the infinite flight, and our outstanding community.

38 Likes

You saw that B737 Ba livery with splits!

10 Likes

Comair 737 in BA livery! Might join in later when I leave work.

5 Likes

It well and truly is an honour to be in this amazing position today. Thank you to @MishaCamp for his help and expertise in organising this event! We hope you’ll enjoy this event and join in many more events to come in the future!

Now have you every wondered what BAVA is? Well look no further, we created this small word cloud to sum us up: image

Any question or queries please send us a PM

Matt - President

47 Likes

Nice! Misha, can I @ InfiniteFlight on my post of this weeks FNF in the Best IF Photos Thread? I have instagram but choose not to post my IF edits on there.

Thanks if you (or some one) can answer, because id like to have a chance of having one of my pics in the IF social media pages.

1 Like

sorry speculating, but that plans being in game (Comair 737) means this update ain’t to far off.

2 Likes

How thoughtful to reconize us for our anniversary.

3 Likes

As one of the current Deputy Presidents of BAVA, I am so amazed by the generosity and kindness that the Infinite Flight Community has showed to not only me, but our virtual airline, and all other members of the community. This, to me, is the pinnacle of this.

I’m fairly new to this community in most terms, but the amount of friends and projects that I’ve been involved with in that short amount of time is amazing. I’m so proud to be a pilot and serve the other pilots of British Airways Virtual Airline, and long may this continue!

So thank you, Misha, for creating this amazing FNF, and for everything you do for the community, roll on tomorrow! The BAVA team should be out in force!

10 Likes

I usually don’t fly with any other Airline in IF besides Air Canada. But I think this time I’ll be sure to flash those BAVA colours (Yes with a “u” I’m Canadian) and show my support!

Happy 2 years BAVA!

9 Likes

I wasent intending to do JFK-LHR but I’ll do it for my No.1 Favorite VA.Hopefully I can make it a group flight.BAVA staff has done a great job with the VA within the 2 years

2 Likes

Ready to Wave the UK Flag Tomorrow Evening 🇬🇧

Hope see you all there in BAW Colors and Congratulation BAVA for the 2 Year Anniversary!!

6 Likes