Friday Night Flight - Air Canada In New York @ KLGA - 131730ZMAY16

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s FNF Event:
Air Canada In New York

This week’s all server event is to celebrate the first commercial flight from Canada (Toronto) to the United States (Elizabeth, NJ) on 06MAY1919. It was flown in a Canadian Curtiss aircraft. Let’s freeze up the airspaces in the New York Region with Air Canada liveries as there are plenty of aircraft to choose from. (Note: This is not a requirement but simply a suggestion to follow this week’s theme.)

There are no NOTAMS, restrictions, or established routes for this event. Just come out to New York Region, fly in your favorite Air Canada aircraft (preferred but feel free to fly whatever plane you’d like) from LGA, JFK, EWR, TEB, or any field you prefer. Coordinate with other pilots for formation flights, ramp screenshots, and to just enjoy flying for the love of flying and aviation.

Region: New York

NOTAMS: None

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)

Aircraft: Any Air Canada (All aircraft are welcome)!

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 5/13 @ 17:30 ZULU (10:30am PST)
End - Saturday 5/14 @ 9:30 ZULU (2:30am PST)

Follow all ATC instructions when available, be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in New York! Please share your screenshots!

Happy and Safe Landings!

35 Likes

This will be fun!

1 Like

I’ll be there in a 777-300ER

A330 or B777?
I choose both :)

I’ll be there

Canada I thought there was no Canadian Airports

It’s in the NY region, the flight went from CYYZ to KEWR.

They have CYYZ in NY? Airport in the new York

No, first flight in 1919 came from Toronto, which is CYYZ. KEWR is in New York. Sorry for confusion.

2 Likes

KEWR is in Newark, New Jersey…a bordering city next to New York

Yeah… I knew that. KEWR is considered in the New York area. In the New York region.

2 Likes

Simple misunderstanding…

I’ll flying the dash 8 of Air Canada!

YAY! Thia will be so fun! :)

A shameless bump - I just landed in KEWR and the skies over NYC are filling up nicely now.

4 Likes

I am just seriously thinking about purchasing New York just for this event.
Guess it’s not worth it though as I rather go for Global Flight later.

In your third picture I see meself :)