Friday Night Flight - African Safari - 090700ZNOV18

Join us for this week's FNF:

African Safari

The African Safari is world renowned for being that of beauty and splendour. No matter the park or country safaris take place in, they always thrill and excite those who partake. Now, you may think that everyone drives to a safari, but you would be mistaken! Safari parks are packed full of small airstrips that bring people to the safari parks!

So jump in any general aviation aircraft capable of flying to these airstrips, load your passengers, and head out into the plains to find those remote airstrips! Perhaps you will see a wild Jason roaming around, a nervous Cam, or an elegant Laura gazing over the savannah!

As always, post your best screenshots on Instagram or Twitter and tag us for a chance to be featured on our social media pages. Simply tag us using @infiniteflight, or use hashtags #infiniteflight and #fridaynightflight. We look forward to seeing all your amazing photos!

Event Details

Server: Any

Airport/s: HKJK, HKMO, HRYR

Aircraft/Liveries: General Aviation

Recommended Areas

HTKJ (Kilimanjaro): This airport is not just used by people attempting to climb the mountain that the airport is named after, but is generally the first point of call for travellers visiting any of the plethora of national parks in the north of Tanzania (for example the world-renowned Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro conservation area). It’s also within a short C172 hop’s distance from the Maasai Mara.

FBMN (Maun): This airport is located right on the edge of the world famous Okavango Delta. It’s a gateway to other parks in the region too, such as the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans (remember TopGear’s Botswana special?) Note to controllers: the airport is unedited however it still has basic ATC frequencies and taxiways and the sort.

FAHS (Hoedspruit/Eastgate): This airport is located to the South-East of Kruger National Park, and is primarily used as an Air Force base. However, the Civil terminal connects large numbers of passengers with both Cape Town and Johannesburg. Same goes for this, there’s ATC frequencies but it’s not edited.

HTZA (Zanzibar): Many travellers want a little bit of R&R after their trip, and Zanzibar is one of the most popular places to do this. Fringed by white sand beaches, this tropical island is a real gem.

NOTAMS:

Pattern work at controllers discretion.
Please follow the rules of each server as required.
There are no established routes for this event.
Have fun!

FNF Event Hours:

Begin - Friday 9th November @ 07:00 ZULU (12:00am PDT)

End - Saturday 10th November @ 07:00 ZULU (12:00am PDT)

November 9, 2018November 10, 2018

What's going on with Nairobi?
ATC Education Group

Another amazing FNF Misha! Well Done! Will be coming out in the TBM-930!

Btw is that supposed to say ‘remote airstrips’?

My FNF Legs:

OMAA-HKJK (Ethiad 777-300ER) (BB001TM)
HKJK-HTKJ (TBM-930) (BB001TM)
HTKJ-FBMN (TBM-930) (BB001TM)
FBMN-FAHS (TBM-930) (BB001TM)
FAHS-HTZA (TBM-930) (BB001TM)
HTZA-HKJK (TBM-930) (BB001TM)
HKJK-WMKK (Kenya Airways 787-8) (BB001TM)

Amazing FNF Misha, thanks :)

I love flying in Africa. Can’t wait for tomorrow!!!

Ooh. This is a very nice one. I’m planning my inbound to HKJK then maybe fly to Kigali. Sweet!
Thanks Misha for this FNF. I’ve always dreamt of having a safari themed FNF.

My plans:
OMDB-HKJK (Emirates 777-300ER
(EK719)
Route:
OMDB 2512N/5527E 2504N/5542E 2457N/5548E ANVIX TARDI 2357N/5638E LAKLU NALKI MOGOK TUBSA HAI ITUVO 1822N/5518E 1809N/5511E DAXAM MUTVA IMKAD NODMA RIGAM KAVAN ODBEN BOMIX 1124N/4939E DAROT MUSBI 740N/4546E GABDA 540N/4340E 356N/4152E 224N/4036E WAV 020S/3804E 117S/3709E 131S/3650E HKJK

HKJK-HTKJ-HKJK(TBM 930)
HKJK-HRYR-HKJK(Kenya 787)
HKJK-HKMO-HKJK(Kenya 787)
HKJK-OMDB-WMKK(Emirates 77W, A388)

Yes my home country airport

Fly 540 is the one for here and Kenya Airways tho

Sweeet. From?

Wait, am I reading this right, a GA FNF! @Balloonchaser what does this mean for IFGAC?

Is hkjk able to handle so many planes. There is now taxiway to runway 27 so that means planes have to backtrack from or to runway 27

Yeah but they’re alternatives at hkmo

The IFGAC is excited to participate in tomorrow’s FNF in full force!

Misha does it again! Cait wait!!

I’m planning to fly from OMDB at around 0715Z.

Oooh okay😄

Sounds nice, I’ll come down later during the evening for the all the fun 😉

Another Great FNF is coming our way, let’s make it one memorable one like every other we’ve had so far 😜

I will definitely participate in this. There is just so much to see in Africa but little attention.
I’ll probably fly the TBM and the C208.😄

This is gonna be lit!!

No worries! Thanks for the kind words 😊