Friday Night Flight - A Day In The Pilots Life

This weeks FNF will be an all servers event featuring the “Region Of The Week” Hawaii.
A special scenario inspired and taken from real world aviation routes in the Hawaii area. See the NOTAM below and follow the link or view the “Hawaiian FNF Procedures” post on this forum to view and note the details of this special 2 leg commercial aviation flight
You are a pilot for the airline of your choice and have a job to do. Starting at Kona, the first leg is to Maui. Then after a brief stop, onward to the final destination in Honolulu.
Full ATC Advanced server services will be on hand to keep everybody on schedule.

All other servers are welcome to follow the same NOTAM guidelines but with far less strict enforcement.

NOTAM - Hawaiian FNF Procedures:18 September 2015

9 full hours to join and enjoy this event.

An ALL servers event. You can choose your level of participation by selecting the server you want.

• Free Flight Server - No violations. Very relaxed environment.

• ATC Playground Server - Violations apply, no ATC Ghosting. Try your best.

• ATC Advanced Server - All violations and rules are strictly enforced. Serious pilots fly here. Be Sure to read the NOTAM for special conditions. Take notes and have them handy or use a second device for the flight instructions.

Feel free to participate any time during the start and stop times.

• Friday September 18th 2015

• Event Start Time - 07:30 ZULU (12:30PM PDT)

• Event End Time - 03:30 ZULU (Saturday 19th ) or (8:30PM PDT)

• Region Of The Week: Hawaii

• Objectives: Follow the 2 leg flight plan from the link in the NOTAM above for full flight details and plans.

• Aircraft type: B717, A321, ERJ 170, 175, 190 or 195, B737-700, 800, or 900. Nothing larger please.

Share your event experiences and photos. Stay tuned for more creative and realistic event scenarios.

5 Likes

Very hyped for this event! Will be attending.

Sad I don’t have that map unlocked

A “NOTAM”! Nice touch David! Max Sends

1 Like

“Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seat belt now as we are taking off!”

Will be attending 😁

Why cant their be an advanced server event only, or playground. Why add Free Flight server?

Because some people like to fly on free flight, mainly because there is no need to talk to ATC. Does it even matter though? The advanced server can get really busy sometimes, and with Hawaii being a pretty popular region I think this will be a great FNF.

If you’re using the Advanced server, why would you care about what server anybody else is on? Especially if they haven’t the minimum standing and experience requirements. I mean if you use the Advanced server, it’s not like anything anybody does on the free flight or playground is relevant to anything you or anybody else is doing on the Advanced. Why not let everybody enjoy the event on more relaxed server environments? I don’t see the issue?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Hey,

Since Hawaiian only has a 717 and 767, can we not use the 767? It’s a can do inter-regional flights, with the seating like on BA. (LHR-Edinburgh) @DIsraelFDS

What is the primary reason that nothing larger than a 737 is allowed in the event ?

Who’s gong to be there ???

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Great lead going into it - but what happened to atc? Where they at the movies? It is Friday after all…

I thought he was flying an A320. Just covering it up with the BBJ in his name. Couldn’t fly fast enough to catch up, or I would have gotten a ton of violations. So was he flying an A320 or BBJ, couldn’t tell from of how far away I was. :)