Friday Night Flight - 2018 Olympics Fly In @ RKSI - 161830ZFEB18

Hey everyone!

Join us for this week’s Friday Night Flight:
2018 Olympics Fly In

The 2018 Winter Olympics are here! We head over to South Korea to highlight the games using RKSI as the main hub. Yes, the host city is Pyeongchang but Seoul will be the large field centralized for this week’s event. Fly into Seoul in your favorite heavy delivering spectators from all around the world, then fly one of the smaller aircraft to connect to fields that are closest to the host city. Come out and show your support, and lets fill up the skies over South Korea!

Server: All Servers Event (Your choice)
Airport: RKSI
Aircraft: Any Aircraft

NOTAMS: There are no established routes for this week’s event.
NO PATTERN WORK AT FIELDS WITH ACTIVE ATC DURING FNF PEAK HOURS!
(Pattern work at controller’s discretion based on airport traffic conditions outside of peak hours)
Follow all ATC instructions (when available).
Ghosting will be enforced.

FNF Event Hours:
Begin - Friday 02/16 @ 18:30 ZULU (10:30am PDT)
End - Saturday 02/17 @ 10:30 ZULU (2:30am PDT)

Be respectful of everyone who is flying, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

See everyone in Seoul!!

Happy and Safe Landings!

66 Likes

So excited!!! Looks exciting and great!!!

I wish I still have my subscription. It would be nice to fly around South Korea at this time

Recommendation : Fly to RKNY (Yangyang) if possible. It’s one of the closest commercial airports to PyeongChang other than Seoul’s Incheon or Gimpo Airports

6 Likes

Ooohh exciting. I will make sure to be there

Looks like fun. Hoping to be there!

1 Like

That was a livery? (747). Also you’ll find me flying from From Pyeongyang to Seoul for the national cofunction when the 2 sides of North and South had lit the torch!

Olympic Air is available on B747-200 Variant 😉

5 Likes

how long the flight from RKSI to RKNY? I searched in flightaware and there’s no flight schedule in or out from there :)

There are no flights between both cities. Korean Air operates a flight on this route, but it’s seasonal unfortunately

1 Like

Where does everyone plan on fly in from?

• Tokyo
  • Shanghai
  • Beijing
  • Hong Kong
  • Other China
  • Other South Korea
  • North Korea
  • Russia
  • Other Asia
  • Australia/Oceania
  • USA
  • Canada
  • Mexico
  • Central and Southern America
  • Europe
  • Africa

0 voters

1 Like

Can’t wait Mark! Looks great as always. :)

wish I could do this but I’m going on a real life flight tomorrow (technically today):)

Expect a large number of aircraft arriving at around 16:30z!

1 Like

Great event. Thanks so much for compiling this together!!

Currently en route to RKSI with @Blu_Games @Starley and @AJH_1994 From KLAX

3 Likes

Doing my first 747-8 flight from Luxembourg to RKSI as Cargolux 7345. Departing at the same time the IRL flight does, which is 2:30 AM for me, so 40 minutes until I depart. 10 hour flight, can’t wait to arrive in Seoul. :)

6 Likes

Departing Pyeongyang in an hour… I will be flying IFR

I’m flying in from my home city, Macau. Hope to have nice tail winds! After that, I’ll come from somewhere in Europe for my over night flight.

Nice to see Olympic Greek livery