Frequent Flyer Status

Does anyone have frequent flyer status on an airline? Would be interested to see what your favorite perk is of your status. (Basic member tiers don’t count) Do you like the perks of your airline’s FFP, and if not is there another airline that you’re considering switching to?

I’ve noticed that some benefits shared across US Legacy’s + Alaska are comped economy+ upgrades and the occasional domestic first class upgrade (depending on tier) while the large European and Middle Eastern airlines offer lounge access instead.

8 Likes

Somebody I know travels so much for Southwest that he can enlist a buddy and if that buddy wants to join him, that buddy gets a free ticket. Of course, there are some strict stipulations though.

3 Likes

My parents have the United frequent flyer program and we got free flights from San Luis Obispo to San Fran and from San Fran to Frankfurt (using our miles)

3 Likes

My dad is a Million Miler with Delta, I only have about 12,000 miles however because most of my tickets are booked with miles.

3 Likes

My favorite perks flying with him would be the First Class upgrades and free lounge access.

4 Likes

Ah, so it seems like you used redeemable miles, because the Premier Qualifying Miles for status can’t be used to redeem for free flights.

2 Likes

My Mum has taken out flights with BA and Flybe and only had to pay for taxes which has been handy. We’ve done CDG-MAN and LHR-LUX-LHR most recently through avios. It’s funny because she’s only a Blue Executive Club member with BA, but we exploit the good conversion rate between the Tesco clubcard system and Avios in order to get those flights - actual flying with BA earns next to nothing as Misha once said on a trip report he did.

Not so much “perks” within the tiers but certainly something that helps.

2 Likes

Emirates Platinum member, First class lounge is not bad…

1 Like

My dad travels on united every other week for work he has gold

1 Like

I don’t have a frequent flyer status, primarily because I only fly once every 2 years😭

I would get one with Delta if I could though…

3 Likes

This should be self-explanatory. Keep in mind I burned 15k on wifi 😂

5 Likes

Impressive at 14 years old ;)

3 Likes

I couldn’t have done it w/o my dad, I ought to give him credit for taking me all the places and giving the status.

2 Likes

How far along are you to million miler? That is pretty amazing being 14. Also do your GPU’s clear and how about CPU’s as GS?
@Marshall_Hilfman

4 Likes

Ah ok. So was it your dad who paid for the wifi too?

2 Likes

American Airlines and British Airways

@ATK Techically yes, XD

@UpgradeMe I don’t get what you mean by GPUs and CPUs, sorry. 🙄🤚 I have 420k flying miles and 620k Frequent Flyer miles👍

My dad has aeroflot (skyteam) gold. He can easyly enter any lounge, which partners with aeroflot and he sometimes gets upgrade.

GPU is global premier upgrade, it’s a complimentary upgrade given to 1K’s and Global Services on international flights with lie flat seating. You get 6 GPU’s for 1k (100,000 miles in a year)and 2 more for every 50k additional.

CPU are complimentary upgrades for domestic flights.