Frequency Change

There’s been a lot flights for where i have been told to change frequency to tower by Approach at last moment when it’s about 3 nm from the runway.
How could i contact tower within that time and request for a clearance at the same timing handling my speed and glideslop ?
Should i request frequency change myself!!
(Training server)

1 Like

That’s your problem. Anyone can control ATC on the training server and people are often unrealistic and not very logical. Unfortunately, there is not really much you can do except try to get on the expert server.

However, if you want to be trained on how to provide more professional ATC and control the expert server. May I suggest IFATC?:

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

As for your issue, 3nm is indeed a bit short but I have one question, why would departure be handing you off to tower?
Other than that, I would say once you are full established on the ILS, Gear Down, flaps full you may request frequency change.

3 Likes

That’s a mistake i used Departure. I have edited it.

1 Like

Usually on expert they would hand you off before you are established on the localizer but in your case you should request

Per the ATC manual, for an ILS approach expert server controllers should NOT hand you off to tower until you ARE established on the localizer.

3 Likes

Then there is an issue with the ATC I have communicated with as they always hand me off about 0.5 nm away from establishment on the localizer

1 Like

Directly from the ATC manual.

3 Likes

Establishment isn’t really measured by distance though… it’s whether or not you’ve captured the localizer, or, in other words, whether or not you’re aligned with the runway.

If you’re aligned 20nm out I will give you to tower 20nm out. Doesn’t have to be inside the red cone.

9 Likes

Ah ok thanks for letting me know

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.