Frequency change approved, GOOD DAY!

Interesting conversation I had on Birmingham Airport APP.

I just cut the conversation as its NOT important who it was, all i want to highlight is that when you get a “freq change approved, GOOD DAY” that means you are out of the control zone for this certain ATC unit so please don’t ask for any instructions after that.

The GOOD DAY is for a reason so please don’t contact ATC for any instructions after you receive this, you are just blocking the frequency for important stuff.

3 Likes

He is FF also, so altitude at his discretion :/

2 Likes

The moment I have traffic under FF and they ask for one instruction I will do that no problem but from that point on they are under my control ;)…

1 Like

@Aernout…excellent point…i know for me when i’m out of ATC range and they approve it…i switch to another frequency so that i’m not cluttering the ATC list. I wish that when we tell them approved it releases them from the list and frees up space…instead of some pilots flying forever and still on our frequency…@Aernout :thumbsup:

1 Like

@Omari_Joseph That’s exactly it mate. Like in real world ATC the Flight progress strip should be gone(handed over) after GOOD-DAY.

2 Likes

I was there… Sad flight for me… After 15 minutes of vectoring, on short final Ryanair 2157 lost connection :sweat: